Updates to the Academic Manual 2020-21
The following summary outlines all of the substantive regulatory changes which have been approved by UCL Education Committee for 2020-21:
The majority are minor amendments and improvements, and there are only a small number of substantial changes. These include:
- A new Interruptions of Study procedure
- Amendment to end all Taught Postgraduate as well as Undergraduate teaching at 12.55pm on Wednesday afternoons
- A new deadline of 4pm for Examination Adjustments to align with Student Centre drop-in hours
- Setting examinations at whole-hour intervals to reduce disruption in exam halls
- A new process for developing and approving new Taught Postgraduate programmes
- Improved programme and module approval and amendment procedures
- Updated Annual Student Experience Review (ASER) and Internal Quality review (IQR) procedures
- Updated Terms of Reference for Staff-Student Consultative Committees
- New frameworks for developing Degree Apprenticeships
- Clarifications on the calculation of classification and progression year means
- New annex on the different types of exam boards
- Updated Extenuating Circumstances Form
- Updated External Examiner procedures
- New guidance document that defines all of the Portico enrolment statuses for Postgraduate Research students
- New Institute of Education Initial Teacher Education (ITE) Regulations
- Revised Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) assessment regulations
- Inclusion of Completing Research Status (CRS) in the Doctor of Education (EdD) regulations
The revised Academic Manual will apply from 1 September 2020 to all students who are fully enrolled on the 2020-21 academic session.
Information about temporary changes to the regulations due to the Covid-19 pandemic are available on the Academic Manual Covid-19 page.
If you have any questions about the changes to the regulations, please contact email@example.com.