As part of our strategic planning process, we have developed implementation plans for each principal theme and key enabler.
These provide a high-level summary of the action we intend to take over the next few years to meet our strategic objectives and realise our UCL 2034 vision.
These implementation plans will be formally reviewed and refreshed every six months. We will also be measuring our progress against a range of performance indicators.
Below are just some of the broad themes within our implementation plans. You can find out more about our plans, including case studies showcasing the progress being made by faculties and departments within Professional Services to deliver the strategy, by visiting the theme and enabler pages.
- Complete the design and construction of our new UCL East campus on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, ready for the opening of the first building in 2021 and the second building in 2022.
- Build on the early implementation of the Connected Curriculum to increase students’ participation in, and learning through, research and enquiry.
- Review our UCL Grand Challenges and deliver on the outcomes, ensuring that through the breadth of our UCL activities we remain a leading force behind cross-disciplinary solutions to aspects of global problems.
- Establish a new student centre to offer new learning spaces, enquiry services and student facilities.
- Launch a major new campaign for philanthropic fundraising in 2016.
- Design and implement a new strategy for London to deliver on our strategic objective to increase our positive engagement with the communities and organisations of this world-leading city.
- Expand our ChangeMakers programme to offer more opportunities for students to collaborate with staff on their own innovative projects and work as ‘agents of change’ at UCL.
- Offer international opportunities to more students and increase support for international students studying at UCL.
- Establish a small number of strategic international anchor partnerships to strengthen our global engagement and impact.
- Work with students to develop a vision of an exceptional student experience that we can then translate into action to enhance our support services.
- Undertake financial sustainability projects to maximise our efficiencies and build new sources of income.
- Review our Carbon Management Plan and carbon reduction targets as part of our commitment to creating a sustainable estate.