Having read the rules governing access and use of special collections, please print the application form below, complete, sign and send it to the Special Collections department
|Research collections: rules governing access and use
Researchers in the Library's Special Collections are required to abide by the following rules.
They must sign the Undertaking which follows as a condition of access.
The Library reserves the right to refuse access.
- Researchers are responsible for all material issued to them and must be careful at all times when handling original
manuscripts, archives, and fragile printed works.
- Researchers are required to use lead pencil only when taking notes.
- Requisitions for manuscripts and archives must be applied for on the tickets provided which the applicant must sign.
- No smoking, eating or drinking is allowed in the Reading Room.
- Permission to examine original material does not include permission to publish, which must be applied for separately.
- The archivist reserves the right to refuse access to certain classes of materials including intrinsically fragile items
and items undergoing conservation treatment or in an exhibition.
Click here for a printer friendly version of the application form.