- EPSRC/CHIST-ERA Research Grant: UPRISE-IoT (2017-2019).
- EPSRC/CHIST-ERA Research Grant: MACACO - Mobile context-Adaptive CAching for COntent-centric networking (2014-2018).
- EPSRC Research Grant: Trajectories of Depression: Investigating the Correlation between Human Mobility Patterns and Mental Health Problems by means of Smartphones (2014-2015).
- EU Research Grant: LASAGNE - multi-LAyer SpAtiotemporal Generalized NEtworks (2012-2015).
- EPSRC Research Grant: UBhave: Ubiquitous and Social Computing for Positive Behaviour Change (2011-2014).
- EPSRC Research Grant: The Uncertainty of Identity: Linking Spatiotemporal Information between Virtual and Real Worlds (2011-2015) (2011-2015).
- EU-funded LASAGNE Project
- EPSRC-funded Trajectory of Depression Project
- EPSRC-funded UBhave Project
- EPSRC-funded The Uncertainty of Identity Project
- EPSRC/EU CHIST-ERA-funded MACACO Project
- EPSRC-funded Trajectories of Depression project
- EPSRC-funded Ubival Project (as Postdoc)
- MetroSense Project (as Postdoc)
- EPSRC-funded CREAM Project (as Research Fellow)
- The Anatomy of a Scientific Rumor (How the rumours about the Higgs boson discovery spread on Twitter)
- Human Mobility Prediction and Nokia Mobile Data
- Spatio-temporal Network Analysis Project
- The Context-aware Adaptive Routing (CAR) protocol
- SCAR: Context-aware Adaptive Routing for Sensors
- Social Networks founded Mobility Models for Ad Hoc Network Research
- Connectivity Trace Generator (CTG) -XMIDDLE Project: A Middleware for Data Sharing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
- WSAMI Project: A Middleware Infrastructure for Ambient Intelligence based on Web Service
- An article about Italian researchers in Cambridge (including me) + some photos of me at the Computer Lab in Il Corriere della Sera, April 2009, in Italian.
- EmotionSense press coverage (September-December 2010): BBC, The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, ACM Tech News, ComputerWorld
- MIT Technology Review article (December 2010) about our work on the use of temporal graph metrics for stopping malware in Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Nokia Mobile Data Challenge 2012 coverage (July/August 2012): BBC video coverage (and blog post), MIT Technology Review, Forbes, Wired, The Sunday Times, The Washington Post, Slate, MSNBC, Discovery News,Mashable, and Toronto Star. See also Nokia Blog post.
- Our work on the spreading of rumours about theHiggs boson discovery on Twitter (January 2013) in The New Scientist (see also this blog entry). More videos related to the study can be found here.
- Our work for the Data for Development (D4D) Challenge (May 2013) was covered by the Time Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, La Repubblica, and Mobile World Live.
- Our paper on the data mining techniques for the analysis of cultural boundaries and habits in Foursquare (April 2014) was covered by MIT Technology Review and Irish Times.
- Our paper on the analysis of culinary habits around the world using a large-scale dataset from Yummly has been covered by MIT Technology Review, The Independent and France 24.
Research Community Scholarly Service
The list of my current and past activities can be found here.
PhD Students Examined
I have been External Examiner for the PhD exams of research students (i.e., I have member of their dissertation committees) in UK and abroad. A full list can be found here.