- UCLIC New Website
- MSc Open Evening - 8th May 2013
- Funded PhD Studentships
- SEMINAR: Computational User Interface Design - Antti Oulasvirta
- SEMINAR 15th May: Charlene Jennett and Sheila Pontis
- SEMINAR 12th June: Simon Li - Human Error Detection in Medical Devices and Procedures
- Standing Up for Science: UCLIC PhD Student Sarah Wiseman in EPSRC Magazine
- Watchdog - UCLIC student Sarah Wiseman gives expert opinion
- Congratulations! First UCLIC EngD student passes viva
- Two fully funded PhD studentships in Human-Computer Interaction
- SEMINAR 9th July: Steve Gill - Holistic design: Why so many computer-embedded products in the world aren't designed for people and what might we do to change that?
- SEMINAR 10th July: Marcus Foth - New Design Opportunities of Next Generation Screens for Participation and Engagement
- Society Minds - Technology Doesn't: Yvonne Rogers TEDx Barcelona talk now available online
- UCLIC student talks at UCL event to shape drug therapy for older patients
- Staff News - Promotions and New UCLICkers
- SEMINAR 22nd August: Scinob Kuroki - Temporal Illusions in Touch
- Congratulations! UCLIC student wins IEHF award
- Community graffiti project hits news!
- SEMINAR 11th Sep: Sarah Renouf - Responses of hazardous and harmful drinkers to an interactive online intervention: A think-aloud study
- ACII'13 Best Paper Award
- SEMINAR 26th Sep: Monica Tentori - Behaviour-Aware Computing
- Applications open for funded PhD at UCLIC - Deadline 1st November
- SEMINAR 2nd October: Chi Thanh Vi - Detecting Error-Related Negativity for Interaction Design
- SEMINAR 16th October: Jason Alexander - Shape-changing Displays: The next revolution in display technology?
- SEMINAR 23rd October: Anne Roudaut - Toward Shape-Changing Mobile Devices
- Mistakes Win Prizes in New Competition
- SEMINAR 30th October: James Eagan - Making Software Softer: Enriching the Human-Software Interface
- Read all about it! UCLIC featured in this month's ACM Interactions magazine
- SEMINAR 13th Nov: Michael Terry: Google Knows What You Hate About Your Kindle: Using Search Queries to Infer User Needs and Desires in Consumer Products
- SEMINAR 20th Nov: Mark Perry - AutoMedia: family life, interaction and media use in the car
- SEMINAR 4th Dec: Amanda Carr: Digital infants: Very young children’s interaction with touch screen technology
- Job: Research Associate in Human-computer Interaction - deadline 3rd Jan 2014
- JOB - Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction Design - closing date 7th Jan 2014
- Persuasive Games Competition - Calling all student Games Designers!
- SEMINAR 22nd Jan: Emanuela Marchetti - Experiencing Historical Processes: Museum learning practice and digital technologies
- UCLIC researcher in New Scientist: Motion-captured laughs make animations more amusing
- Funded Studentship
- Funded Demonstratorship
- SEMINAR 5th Feb: Connie Golsteijn - Integrating physical and digital craft in hybrid craft practice
- Software Engineer position
- SEMINAR 12th Feb - Alistair Sutcliffe: The SAMS project (Software Architecture for Mental health Self management): Designing Effective UIs for Affect Laden Applications
- Engd/Phd studentship on Media Multitasking
- SEMINAR 26th Feb: Clara Manicini - Animal-Computer Interaction: Designing for Multispecies Ecologies
- SEMINAR 5th March: Andreas Lieberoth: In search of quantum heroes - design challenges and early findings from the citizen cybescience physics game Quantum Moves
- HCI-E MSc Project Wins Prize
- Funded PhD Studentship on Smart Meters
- SEMINAR 12th March: Miguel Nacenta - Playing with representation, presentation, and perception: three ways to subvert current visualization techniques
- SEMINAR 19th March: Andrew Kun - In-vehicle user interfaces: deployment, and driving simulator studies at UNH
- UCL SLMS Grand Challenges studentship
- SEMINAR 2nd April: Chris Priest and Elaine Massung: Motivating Crowdsourcing for Community Campaigns
- SEMINAR 9th April: Nick Taylor - Towards Sustainable Community Innovation
- Special Joint IOE London Knowledge Lab/UCL Computer Science Seminar
- SEMINAR 14th May: Tony Stockman: Cross-modal collaborative interaction between visually-impaired and sighted users in the workplace
- Current PhD opportunitites at UCLIC
- UCLIC Newsletter 2014
- SEMINAR 21st May: Alexandra Lang - Designing technologies for teenage health lifestyles
- SEMINAR 29th May: Marianna Obrist - Multi-Sensory Experiences: How we experience the world and how we design technology
- SEMINAR 4th June: Jon Whittle & Gillian Symon - Multi-Sensory Experiences: Exploring Work-Life Balance in a Digital World
- PhD studentship closing date extended
- SEMINAR 13th Nov: Caroline Jay - Attention approximation: From the Web to Multi-Screen Television
- Congratulations! Recent UCLIC PhD finishers
- "Fieldwork for Healthcare" Book Launch Competition: 5 copies of Volume 1 to give away!
- ICRI and UCLIC at Tour de France with Vox Box!
- SEMINAR 9th July - Madhu Reddy: The Challenges of Designing Health Information Technology: An Interdisciplinary Perspective
- Research Associate position on ECLIPSE project
- Welcome to new PhD students!
- SEMINAR 1st October - Duncan Brumby: Improving the everyday interactions with your phone, and maybe medical devices too
- SEMINAR 8th Oct: Katja Hofmann - Microsoft Research
- SEMINAR 15th October: Rebecca Fiebrink. Interactive Machine Learning for End-User Systems building in Music Composition and Performance
- SEMINAR 22nd October: Robert J.K. Jacob - Reality-Based Interaction, Next Generation User Interfaces, and Brain-Computer Interfaces.
- SEMINAR 29th Oct: Neil Maiden - Computer Science Research to Support the Residential Care of Older People with Dementia
- SEMINAR 12th November - Carolyn Canfield:Experience based co-design for system transformation led by older persons moving in, out of and across Ontario’s healthcare system
- SEMINAR 3rd Dec: Mark Sujan - Studies of Resilience in Healthcare: Clinical Handover and Organisational Learning
- Radio: Yvonne Rogers on Smart Cities
- Magic Shoes: UCLIC Researcher Ana Tajadura-Jimeneze discusses her research with New Scientist
SEMINAR 26th Sep: Monica Tentori - Behaviour-Aware Computing
16 September 2013
Thursday 26th September, MPEB Room 6.12a, 12-1pm
Monica Tentori is visiting from CICESE, in Ensenada, Mexico.
Two main trends have made possible the birth of behavior-aware computing a new generation of context-aware computing in pervasive healthcare.
First, many healthcare experts now advocate a move towards a patient-centered approach, were patients take greater responsibility and accountability managing their own health in the form of wellness management, preventive care and proactive intervention with clinicians often acting more as expert consultants than the primary caregivers. In parallel, research into pervasive healthcare is maturing, resulting in more novel and powerful devices empowered with "off the shelf" algorithms for inferring more complex contextual information including activities and behavior patterns. In this talk, I will give an overview of early and future behavior-aware applications we have developed in our lab to empower individuals to capture, manage and reflect on their own social, physical and emotional well being, across different populations. First I will describe how sensing campaigns and capture and access tools have supported the manual and automatic capturing of "big data" useful for behavior assessment. Then, I will exemplify how interactive pervasive healthcare environments support and promote behavior change. And finally, I will present evidence showing how ambient displays are adequate tools for sharing individual and collective behavior data to promote self-reflection. I will conclude discussing open questions and research opportunities for behavior-aware computing in healthcare.
For more information about this and other seminars, see our seminars pages
Page last modified on 16 sep 13 13:15 by Rowanne Fleck