- UCLIC New Website
- MSc Open Evening - 8th May 2013
- Funded PhD Studentships
- SEMINAR: Computational User Interface Design - Antti Oulasvirta
- SEMINAR 15th May: Charlene Jennett and Sheila Pontis
- SEMINAR 12th June: Simon Li - Human Error Detection in Medical Devices and Procedures
- Standing Up for Science: UCLIC PhD Student Sarah Wiseman in EPSRC Magazine
- Watchdog - UCLIC student Sarah Wiseman gives expert opinion
- Congratulations! First UCLIC EngD student passes viva
- Two fully funded PhD studentships in Human-Computer Interaction
- SEMINAR 9th July: Steve Gill - Holistic design: Why so many computer-embedded products in the world aren't designed for people and what might we do to change that?
- SEMINAR 10th July: Marcus Foth - New Design Opportunities of Next Generation Screens for Participation and Engagement
- Society Minds - Technology Doesn't: Yvonne Rogers TEDx Barcelona talk now available online
- UCLIC student talks at UCL event to shape drug therapy for older patients
- Staff News - Promotions and New UCLICkers
- SEMINAR 22nd August: Scinob Kuroki - Temporal Illusions in Touch
- Congratulations! UCLIC student wins IEHF award
- Community graffiti project hits news!
- SEMINAR 11th Sep: Sarah Renouf - Responses of hazardous and harmful drinkers to an interactive online intervention: A think-aloud study
- ACII'13 Best Paper Award
- SEMINAR 26th Sep: Monica Tentori - Behaviour-Aware Computing
- Applications open for funded PhD at UCLIC - Deadline 1st November
- SEMINAR 2nd October: Chi Thanh Vi - Detecting Error-Related Negativity for Interaction Design
- SEMINAR 16th October: Jason Alexander - Shape-changing Displays: The next revolution in display technology?
- SEMINAR 23rd October: Anne Roudaut - Toward Shape-Changing Mobile Devices
- Mistakes Win Prizes in New Competition
- SEMINAR 30th October: James Eagan - Making Software Softer: Enriching the Human-Software Interface
- Read all about it! UCLIC featured in this month's ACM Interactions magazine
- SEMINAR 13th Nov: Michael Terry: Google Knows What You Hate About Your Kindle: Using Search Queries to Infer User Needs and Desires in Consumer Products
- SEMINAR 20th Nov: Mark Perry - AutoMedia: family life, interaction and media use in the car
- SEMINAR 4th Dec: Amanda Carr: Digital infants: Very young children’s interaction with touch screen technology
SEMINAR 12th June: Simon Li - Human Error Detection in Medical Devices and Procedures
12 June 2013
Wednesday 13th June 2013 at 4pm in 24 Gordon Square, Room 105
UCLIC will be hosting a guest seminar tomorrow for Simon Li, who is visiting from Lingnan University in Hong Kong.
Human Error Detection in Medical Devices and Procedures
I am currently on a 2-week research visit at UCLIC as part of a collaborative research project with Ann & Anna. The project is titled “Human Error Detection in Medical Devices”. In this seminar, I will present what the project is about and one of the main ideas that I have been working on so far – the effect of prescription complexity on error checking behaviour. The idea is still work-in-progress, therefore, this seminar is used to share that idea with you all. I will talk about the experimental hypotheses and how I arrive at them.
Simon Li graduated with a PhD from UCLIC in 2006. He is now an Assistant Professor at Lingnan University in Hong Kong. http://www.ln.edu.hk/socsp/staff/simonindex.php
For more information about future seminars, please visit our Seminar pages
Page last modified on 12 jun 13 11:37 by Rowanne Fleck