- UCLIC New Website
- MSc Open Evening - 8th May 2013
- Funded PhD Studentships
- SEMINAR: Computational User Interface Design - Antti Oulasvirta
- SEMINAR 15th May: Charlene Jennett and Sheila Pontis
- SEMINAR 12th June: Simon Li - Human Error Detection in Medical Devices and Procedures
- Standing Up for Science: UCLIC PhD Student Sarah Wiseman in EPSRC Magazine
- Watchdog - UCLIC student Sarah Wiseman gives expert opinion
- Congratulations! First UCLIC EngD student passes viva
- Two fully funded PhD studentships in Human-Computer Interaction
- SEMINAR 9th July: Steve Gill - Holistic design: Why so many computer-embedded products in the world aren't designed for people and what might we do to change that?
- SEMINAR 10th July: Marcus Foth - New Design Opportunities of Next Generation Screens for Participation and Engagement
- Society Minds - Technology Doesn't: Yvonne Rogers TEDx Barcelona talk now available online
- UCLIC student talks at UCL event to shape drug therapy for older patients
- Staff News - Promotions and New UCLICkers
- SEMINAR 22nd August: Scinob Kuroki - Temporal Illusions in Touch
- Congratulations! UCLIC student wins IEHF award
- Community graffiti project hits news!
- SEMINAR 11th Sep: Sarah Renouf - Responses of hazardous and harmful drinkers to an interactive online intervention: A think-aloud study
- ACII'13 Best Paper Award
- SEMINAR 26th Sep: Monica Tentori - Behaviour-Aware Computing
- Applications open for funded PhD at UCLIC - Deadline 1st November
- SEMINAR 2nd October: Chi Thanh Vi - Detecting Error-Related Negativity for Interaction Design
- SEMINAR 16th October: Jason Alexander - Shape-changing Displays: The next revolution in display technology?
- SEMINAR 23rd October: Anne Roudaut - Toward Shape-Changing Mobile Devices
- Mistakes Win Prizes in New Competition
- SEMINAR 30th October: James Eagan - Making Software Softer: Enriching the Human-Software Interface
- Read all about it! UCLIC featured in this month's ACM Interactions magazine
- SEMINAR 13th Nov: Michael Terry: Google Knows What You Hate About Your Kindle: Using Search Queries to Infer User Needs and Desires in Consumer Products
- SEMINAR 20th Nov: Mark Perry - AutoMedia: family life, interaction and media use in the car
- SEMINAR 4th Dec: Amanda Carr: Digital infants: Very young children’s interaction with touch screen technology
SEMINAR 23rd October: Anne Roudaut - Toward Shape-Changing Mobile Devices
21 October 2013
Wednesday 23rd October 2013 at 3pm in B32, Gordon Square (26)
Our speaker this week will be Anne Roudaut from the University of Bristol.
I will be presenting my work toward enabling interactive devices to change their shapes on-demand in order to adapt to the functionalities they are likely to support. For instance a mobile device can turn into a console when the user is playing a game, thus creating a new shape affordance that satisfies the device functions and helps users to view and interact with it. I will present the recent advances in shape changing devices that have been growing in human computer interaction labs as well as recent advances from the robotic and material science fields.
To find out more about this and other seminars, please see our seminars pages
Page last modified on 21 oct 13 12:14 by Rowanne Fleck