Using the PHP code extracts allows Academic Staff Profiles to be displayed in a number of different styles including the tabbed format shown below - the data is provided dynamically from the IRIS application, while maintaning the consistent look and feel of your site.
Prof Peter Hindmarsh
Address:Institute of Child Health,
30 Guilford Street,
Appointments:Professor of Paediatric Endocrinology, ICH - Clinical & Molecular Genetics, Dept of Genes, Dev & Disease
The main interests of our group are early human growth and its regulation and the impact this has on adult diseases such as hypertension. Clinical research focusses on methods for improving control in type 1 Diabetes Mellitus particularly intensification regimens and the assessment of islet cell mass
- Clinical, genetic and cell biology studies of hereditary movement disorders: dystonia, Huntingtonâs disease, Hereditary spastic paraplegia
- Infant Hearts Study (NIHR HS&DR)
Displaying 50 most recent publications. For the full list please visit UCL Discovery
- Anderson RA,Hindmarsh PC,Wallace WH (2013) Induction of puberty by autograft of cryopreserved ovarian tissue in a patient previously treated for Ewing sarcoma. Eur J Cancer. 10.1016/j.ejca.2013.04.031.
- Subbarayan A,Dattani MT,Peters CJ,Hindmarsh PC (2013) Cardiovascular risk factors in Children and Adolescents with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase Deficiency. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 10.1111/cen.12265.
- Kayemba-Kay's S,Peters C,Geary MP,Hill NR,Mathews DR,Hindmarsh PC (2013) Maternal hyperinsulinism and glycaemic status in the first trimester of pregnancy are associated with the development of pregnancy-induced hypertension and gestational diabetes. Eur J Endocrinol, 168(3), 413 - 418. 10.1530/EJE-12-0609.
- Peters CJ,Hill N,Dattani MT,Charmandari E,Matthews DR,Hindmarsh PC (2013) Deconvolution analysis of 24-h serum cortisol profiles informs the amount and distribution of hydrocortisone replacement therapy. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 78(3), 347 - 351. 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2012.04502.x.
- Thompson RJ,Agostini K,Potts L,Luscombe J,Christie D,Viner R,White B,Hindmarsh PC (2013) Deprivation and ethnicity impact on diabetes control and use of treatment regimen. Diabet Med, 30(4), 491 - 494. 10.1111/dme.12023.
- Wong WI,Pasterski V,Hindmarsh PC,Geffner ME,Hines M (2013) Are there parental socialization effects on the sex-typed behavior of individuals with congenital adrenal hyperplasia? Arch Sex Behav, 42(3), 381 - 391. 10.1007/s10508-012-9997-4.
- Sharma G,Muller DP,O'Riordan SM,Bryan S,Dattani MT,Hindmarsh PC,Mills K (2013) Urinary conjugated α-tocopheronolactone-a biomarker of oxidative stress in children with type 1 diabetes. Free Radic Biol Med, 55, 54 - 62. 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2012.09.012.
- Khalid JM,Oerton JM,Dezateux C,Hindmarsh PC,Kelnar CJ,Knowles RL (2012) Incidence and clinical features of congenital adrenal hyperplasia in Great Britain. Arch Dis Child, 97(2), 101 - 106. 10.1136/archdischild-2011-300234.
- Padidela R,Bryan SM,Abu-Amero S,Hudson-Davies RE,Achermann JC,Moore GE,Hindmarsh PC (2012) The growth hormone receptor gene deleted for exon three (GHRd3) polymorphism is associated with birth and placental weight. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 76(2), 236 - 240. 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2011.04207.x.
- Ishida M,Monk D,Duncan AJ,Abu-Amero S,Chong J,Ring SM,Pembrey ME,Hindmarsh PC,Whittaker JC,Stanier P,Moore GE (2012) Maternal inheritance of a promoter variant in the imprinted PHLDA2 gene significantly increases birth weight. Am J Hum Genet, 90(4), 715 - 719. 10.1016/j.ajhg.2012.02.021.
- Miletta MC,Scheidegger UA,Giordano M,Bozzola M,Pagani S,Bona G,Dattani M,Hindmarsh PC,Petkovic V,Oser-Meier M,Flück CE,Mullis PE (2012) Association of the (CA)n repeat polymorphism of insulin-like growth factor-I and -202 A/C IGF-binding protein-3 promoter polymorphism with adult height in patients with severe growth hormone deficiency. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 76(5), 683 - 690. 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2011.04267.x.
- Krone N,Reisch N,Idkowiak J,Dhir V,Ivison HE,Hughes BA,Rose IT,O'Neil DM,Vijzelaar R,Smith MJ,MacDonald F,Cole TR,Adolphs N,Barton JS,Blair EM,Braddock SR,Collins F,Cragun DL,Dattani MT,Day R,Dougan S,Feist M,Gottschalk ME,Gregory JW,Haim M,Harrison R,Olney AH,Hauffa BP,Hindmarsh PC,Hopkin RJ,Jira PE,Kempers M,Kerstens MN,Khalifa MM,Köhler B,Maiter D,Nielsen S,O'Riordan SM,Roth CL,Shane KP,Silink M,Stikkelbroeck NM,Sweeney E,Szarras-Czapnik M,Waterson JR,Williamson L,Hartmann MF,Taylor NF,Wudy SA,Malunowicz EM,Shackleton CH,Arlt W (2012) Genotype-phenotype analysis in congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to P450 oxidoreductase deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 97(2), E257 - E267. 10.1210/jc.2011-0640.
- Hindmarsh PC (2012) Endocrine Society Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Guidelines: great content but how to deliver? Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 76(4), 465 - 466. 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2011.04289.x.
- Hindmarsh PC (2012) Growth hormone treatment 50 years down the line - are we getting value? Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 77(1), 11 - 12. 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2012.04380.x.
- Chan LF,Vaidya M,Westphal B,Allgrove J,Martin L,Afshar F,Hindmarsh PC,Savage MO,Grossman AB,Storr HL (2011) Use of intravenous etomidate to control acute psychosis induced by the hypercortisolaemia in severe paediatric Cushing's disease. Horm Res Paediatr, 75(6), 441 - 446. 10.1159/000324419.
- Cooley SM,Donnelly JC,Walsh T,Durnea U,Collins C,Rodeck CH,Hindmarsh PC,Geary MP (2011) The relationship between body mass index and mid-arm circumference in a pregnant population. J Obstet Gynaecol, 31(7), 594 - 596. 10.3109/01443615.2011.597892.
- Kayemba-Kay's S,Ribrault A,Burguet A,Gouyon JB,Riethmuller D,Menget A,Hindmarsh PC (2011) Maternal smoking during pregnancy and foetal growth Effects in preterm infants of gestational age less than 33 weeks SWISS MED WKLY, 141, 35 - 35. 10.4414/smw.2011.13139.
- Gault EJ,Perry RJ,Cole TJ,Casey S,Paterson WF,Hindmarsh PC,Betts P,Dunger DB,Donaldson MD,British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (2011) Effect of oxandrolone and timing of pubertal induction on final height in Turner's syndrome: randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial. BMJ, 342, d1980.
- Kilby MD,Franklyn JA,Geary M,Hindmarsh PC (2011) The Relationship between Maternal Thyroid Hormones and Leptin Concentrations with Maternal and Newborn Anthropometric Measurements REPROD SCI, 18(3), 180A - 180A.
- Chan LF,Hughes CR,Allgrove JA,Martin L,Afshar F,Hindmarsh PC,Savage MO,Grossman AB,Storr HL (2010) Use of Intravenous Etomidate in a Child To Control Acute Psychosis Induced by the Hypercortisolemia Secondary to Severe Cushing's Disease. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, 31(3).
- Gozzi T,Flück C,L'allemand D,Dattani MT,Hindmarsh PC,Mullis PE (2010) Do centimetres matter? Self-reported versus estimated height measurements in parents. Acta Paediatr, 99(4), 569 - 574. 10.1111/j.1651-2227.2009.01654.x.
- Kayemba-Kay's S,Ribrault A,Burguet A,Gouyon JB,Riethmuller D,Menget A,Hindmarsh PC (2010) Maternal smoking during pregnancy and fetal growth. Effects in preterm infants of gestational age less than 33 weeks. Swiss Med Wkly, 140, w13139. 10.4414/smw.2010.13139.
- Hindmarsh PC,Bryan S,Geary MP,Cole TJ (2010) Effects of current size, postnatal growth, and birth size on blood pressure in early childhood. Pediatrics, 126(6), e1507 - e1513. 10.1542/peds.2010-0358.
- Webb EA,Pringle PJ,Robinson IC,Hindmarsh PC (2010) Repetitive stimulation of the pituitary with growth-hormone-releasing hormone alters the proportion of 22 and 20 kilodalton human-growth hormone released. Int J Pediatr Endocrinol, 2010, 781317. 10.1155/2010/781317.
- Padidela R,Hindmarsh PC (2010) Mineralocorticoid deficiency and treatment in congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Int J Pediatr Endocrinol, 2010, 656925. 10.1155/2010/656925.
- O'Riordan SMP,Dattani MT,Hindmarsh PC (2010) Cystic Fibrosis-Related Diabetes in Childhood HORM RES PAEDIAT, 73(1), 15 - 24. 10.1159/000271912.
- Sharma G,Muller D,O'Riordan S,Bryan S,Hindmarsh P,Dattani M,Mills K (2010) A novel method for the direct measurement of urinary conjugated metabolites of alpha-tocopherol and its use in diabetes Mol Nutr Food Res, 54(5), 599 - 600. 10.1002/mnfr.200900378.
- Walker MG,Hindmarsh PC,Geary M,Kingdom JC (2010) Sonographic maturation of the placenta at 30 to 34 weeks is not associated with second trimester markers of placental insufficiency in low-risk pregnancies. J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 32(12), 1134 - 1139.
- Padidela R,Bryan S,Hudson-Davies RE,Achermann JC,Humpries SE,Hindmarsh PC (2010) A Common Polymorphism in the Insulin-Like Growth Factor 2 Gene Is Associated with Late Antenatal Growth, Birth Size and Size at 3 Years of Age. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, 31(3).
- Hindmarsh PC (2010) Current indications for growth hormone therapy. Preface. Endocr Dev, 18, VII.
- Walker MG,Kingdom JCP,Geary M,Hindmarsh PC (2010) Grannum Grading of the Placenta in Low-Risk Pregnancies REPRODUCTIVE SCIENCES, 17(3), 214A - 214A.
- Cooley SM,Donnelly JC,Geary MP,Rodeck CH,Hindmarsh PC (2010) Maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGF BP-3 and the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med, 23(7), 658 - 661. 10.3109/14767050903301033.
- O'Riordan SM,Dattani MT,Hindmarsh PC (2010) Cystic fibrosis-related diabetes in childhood. Horm Res Paediatr, 73(1), 15 - 24. 10.1159/000271912.
- Cooley SM,Donnelly JC,Collins C,Geary MP,Rodeck CH,Hindmarsh PC (2010) The relationship between maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGFBP-3 to gestational age and preterm delivery. J Perinat Med, 38(3), 255 - 259. 10.1515/JPM.2010.019.
- Reisch N,Dhir V,Berry AA,Krone N,Taylor AE,Nogueira EF,Malunowicz EM,Hindmarsh PC,Wudy SA,Taylor NF,Stewart PM,Shackleton CHL,Hanley NA,Arlt W (2010) Evidence for the Existence and Significance of an Alternative Pathway towards Androgen Synthesis in the Human Fetal Adrenal. ENDOCRINE REVIEWS, 31(3).
- Bryan SM,Honour JW,Hindmarsh PC (2009) Management of altered hydrocortisone pharmacokinetics in a boy with congenital adrenal hyperplasia using a continuous subcutaneous hydrocortisone infusion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 94(9), 3477 - 3480. 10.1210/jc.2009-0630.
- Webb EA,Hesseling AC,Schaaf HS,Gie RP,Lombard CJ,Spitaels A,Delport S,Marais BJ,Donald K,Hindmarsh P,Beyers N (2009) High prevalence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection and disease in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, 13(7), 868 - 874.
- Hsia YF,Neubert AC,Rani F,Viner RM,Hindmarsh PC,Wong ICK (2009) An increase in the prevalence of type 1 and 2 diabetes in children and adolescents: results from prescription data from a UK general practice database. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 67(2), 242 - 249. 10.1111/j.1365-2125.2008.03347.x.
- Alatzoglou KS,Mohan R,Ward S,Bridges N,Hindmarsh PC,Dattani MT (2009) Outcome of rhGH treatment in patients with achondroplasia and skeletal dysplasias Hormone Research, 72, 97 - 98.
- Christie D,Strange V,Allen E,Oliver S,Wong ICK,Smith FJ,Cairns J,Thompson R,Hindmarsh PC,O'Neill S,Bull C,Viner R,Elbourne D (2009) Maximising engagement, motivation and long term change in a Structured Intensive Education Programme in diabetes for children, young people and their families: Child and Adolescent Structured Competencies Approach to Diabetes Education (CASCADE). BMC Pediatrics, 9. 10.1186/1471-2431-9-57.
- Collaer ML,Brook CGD,Conway GS,Hindmarsh PC,Hines M (2009) Motor development in individuals with congenital adrenal hyperplasia: Strength, targeting, and fine motor skill Psychoneuroendocrinology, 34(2), 249 - 258.
- Alatzoglou KS,Turton JP,Kelberman D,Clayton PE,Mehta A,Buchanan C,Aylwin S,Crowne EC,Christesen HT,Hertel NT,Trainer PJ,Savage MO,Raza J,Banerjee K,Sinha SK,Ten S,Mushtaq T,Brauner R,Cheetham TD,Hindmarsh PC,Mullis PE,Dattani MT (2009) Expanding the spectrum of mutations in GH1 and GHRHR: genetic screening in a large cohort of patients with congenital isolated growth hormone deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 94(9), 3191 - 3199. 10.1210/jc.2008-2783.
- Padidela R,Kelberman D,Press M,Al-Khawari M,Hindmarsh PC,Dattani MT (2009) Mutation in the TBCE gene is associated with hypoparathyroidism-retardation-dysmorphism syndrome featuring pituitary hormone deficiencies and hypoplasia of the anterior pituitary and the corpus callosum. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 94(8), 2686 - 2691. 10.1210/jc.2008-2788.
- Segal TY,Mehta A,Anazodo A,Hindmarsh PC,Dattani MT (2009) Role of gonadotropin-releasing hormone and human chorionic gonadotropin stimulation tests in differentiating patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism from those with constitutional delay of growth and puberty. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 94(3), 780 - 785. 10.1210/jc.2008-0302.
- Peters CJ,Geary MP,Kingdom JCP,Jones PM,Robinson ICAF,Hindmarsh PC (2009) Parity is associated with an increased maternal body mass index, higher blood glucose and insulin at 10 weeks of gestation HORM RES, 72, 421 - 422.
- Peters CJ,Geary MP,Kingdom JCP,Jones PM,Robinson ICAF,Hindmarsh PC (2009) First trimester glycaemia influences birth weight HORM RES, 72, 421 - 421.
- Hindmarsh PC,O'Riordan SMP (2009) Pediatric Estimated Average Glucose from Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Children and Young People with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus DIABETES, 58, A461 - A461.
- O'Riordan SMP,Hindmarsh PC,Hill NR,Matthews DR,Hoey HMCV (2009) Calculator To Analyse Data from Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Children and Adolescents with Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes DIABETES, 58, A458 - A458.
- O'Riordan SMP,Hindmarsh PC,Hill NR,Matthews DR,Roche EF,Murphy N,Costigan C,Hoey HMCV (2009) Validation of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Children and Adolescents with Cystic Fibrosis Related Diabetes a Prospective Cohort Study DIABETES, 58, A111 - A111.
- Alatzoglou KS,Hindmarsh PC,Brain C,Torpiano J,Dattani MT (2009) Acanthosis nigricans and insulin sensitivity in patients with Acanthosis Nigricans and Insulin Sensitivity in Patients with Achondroplasia and Hypochodroplasia due to FGFR3 Mutations J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 94(10), 3959 - 3963.
- 1989: Doctor of Medicine, University of London
- 1982: Member of the Royal College of Physicians, Royal College of Physicians
- 1978: Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, University of London
- 1975: Bachelor of Science (Honours), University of London
- Adrenal Failure
- Adrenal biology
- Bayesian analysis
- Clinical Research
- Computational modeling
- Congenital disease
- Disorders of Sex
- Fetal growth restriction
- Hypothalamic/pituitary function and dysfunction
- Iodine deficiency disorder
- Longitudinal analysis
- Mathematical modelling
- Metabolic syndrome