Using the PHP code extracts allows Academic Staff Profiles to be displayed in a number of different styles including the tabbed format shown below - the data is provided dynamically from the IRIS application, while maintaning the consistent look and feel of your site.
Dr Mo Keshtgar
Mohammed Keshtgar is a Surgical Oncologist with specialist interest in management of breast cancer at the Royal Free and the Whittington campuses. He is leading a number of translational researches in this field: 1. Sentinel Node Biopsy: He is one of the pioneers of this technique in the UK and his work is recognized nationally and internationally. He is the lead author of the first textbook on this subject and has set up a training website for this technique (www.sentienlnode.net). He is the principal investigator of the role of Optical Biopsy in diagnosis of breast cancer in the SLN. This work was the winner of the Medical Futures Cancer Innovation Award in 2008 (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/0812/08120903). He is leading the Genesearch project for intra-operative diagnosis of SLN. 2. Intra-operative Radiotherapy (IORT) in Breast Cancer (TARGIT Trial): He is the principal investigator of this important trial at the Royal Free Campus and is the member of the International Steering Committee. He is leading cosmesis and quality of life and psychological impact sub-protocols on this trial and is the lead author of a paper on use of IORT in special circumstances. 3. Nanotechnology and Breast Cancer: In collaboration with Prof. Alex Seifalian, he is leading two important projects in this field. I, A near infrared florescent nanotechnology quantum dot for sentinel node localization. II, Development of new generation of breast implants using Silsesquioxane nanocomposit shell. 4. Computer Decision Support System in Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary meetings. He is the principal investigator of this innovative project which utilizes the information technology in making evidence based decision for breast cancer patients that are discussed at the multidisciplinary meetings. We are currently evaluating this innovative and powerful technology in a randomised controlled trial. This project is carried out in collaboration with Prof. John Fox and Dr. Vivek Patkar. 5. Tumour Angiogenesis in Breast Cancer: Correlation between FDG PET, Contrast Enhanced MRI, CT and Histology: He is the PI of this research project (in collaboration with Dr. Ashley Groves and Prof. Peter Ell) which aims to investigate the ability of integrated 18F-FDG PET/contrast enhanced CT and contrast enhanced MRI to assess tumour angiogenesis in patients with breast cancer. 6. Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) in Management of Primary Breast Cancer He is the chief investigator of this phase I / IIa study in patients diagnosed with primary breast cancer. PDT involves intravenously injecting the photosensitizer drug that has affinity to malignant cells. This drug makes the tumour sensitive to light. A non-thermal light is shone in the tumour, which brings about tissue necrosis (destruction).
- Clinical Decision Support System for Cancer Multidisciplinary Meetings
- Elastic scattering spectroscopy
- Minimally invasive approach in diagnosis and treatment of Breast Cancer
- Religious/Spiritual aspects of illness adjustment in patients with breast cancer
Displaying 50 most recent publications. For the full list please visit UCL Discovery
- Thuné-Boyle IC,Stygall J,Keshtgar MR,Davidson TI,Newman SP (2013) Religious/spiritual coping resources and their relationship with adjustment in patients newly diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK. Psychooncology, 22(3), 646 - 658. 10.1002/pon.3048.
- Patkar V,Acosta D,Davidson T,Jones A,Fox J,Keshtgar M (2012) Using computerised decision support to improve compliance of cancer multidisciplinary meetings with evidence-based guidance BMJ Open, 2(3). 10.1136/bmjopen-2011-000439.
- Groves AM,Shastry M,Ben-Haim S,Kayani I,Malhotra A,Davidson T,Kelleher T,Whittaker D,Meagher M,Holloway B,Warren RM,Ell PJ,Keshtgar MR (2012) Defining the role of PET-CT in staging early breast cancer. Oncologist, 17(5), 613 - 619. 10.1634/theoncologist.2011-0270.
- Cardoso MJ,Cardoso JS,Vrieling C,MacMillan D,Rainsbury D,Heil J,Hau E,Keshtgar M (2012) Recommendations for the aesthetic evaluation of breast cancer conservative treatment Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 135(3), 629 - 637. 10.1007/s10549-012-1978-8.
- Asadi M,Shobeiri H,Aliakbarian M,Jangjoo A,Dabbagh Kakhki VR,Sadeghi R,Keshtgar M (2012) Reproducibility of lymphoscintigraphy before and after excisional biopsy of primary breast lesions: A study using superficial peri-areolar injection of the radiotracer Revista Espanola de Medicina Nuclear e Imagen Molecular.
- Michalopoulos NV,Keshtgar MR (2012) Images in clinical medicine. Gynecomastia induced by prostate-cancer treatment. The New England journal of medicine, 367(15), 1449 - 1449. 10.1056/NEJMicm1209166.
- Javan H,Gholami H,Assadi M,Pakdel AF,Sadeghi R,Keshtgar M (2012) The accuracy of sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer patients with the history of previous surgical biopsy of the primary lesion: Systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature EJSO, 38(2), 95 - 109. 10.1016/j.ejso.2011.11.005.
- Keshtgar MR,Eaton DJ,Reynolds C,Pigott K,Davidson T,Gauter-Fleckenstein B,Wenz F (2012) Pacemaker and radiotherapy in breast cancer: is targeted intraoperative radiotherapy the answer in this setting? Radiat Oncol, 7, 128. 10.1186/1748-717X-7-128.
- Rizvi S,Yildirmir L,Rouhi S,Ghaderi S,Bala R,Seifalian AM,Keshtgar M (2012) A Novel Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxane Coated Quantum Dot for Her-2 Localisation and Cancer Therapy EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CANCER, 48, S73 - S73.
- Eaton DJ,Best B,Brew-Graves C,Duck S,Ghaus T,Gonzalez R,Pigott K,Reynolds C,Williams NR,Keshtgar MR (2012) In vivo dosimetry for single-fraction targeted intraoperative radiotherapy (TARGIT) for breast cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 82(5), e819 - e824. 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2011.11.012.
- Thuné-Boyle ICV,Stygall J,Keshtgar M,Davidson T,Newman SP (2012) Religious/Spiritual coping resources and their relationship with adjustment in patients newly diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK Psycho-Oncology.
- Cardoso MJ,Cardoso JS,Vrieling C,Macmillan D,Rainsbury D,Heil J,Hau E,Keshtgar M (2012) Recommendations for the aesthetic evaluation of breast cancer conservative treatment. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 135(3), 629 - 637. 10.1007/s10549-012-1978-8.
- Rizvi SB,Yildirimer L,Ghaderi S,Ramesh B,Seifalian AM,Keshtgar M (2012) A novel POSS-coated quantum dot for biological application. Int J Nanomedicine, 7, 3915 - 3927. 10.2147/IJN.S28577.
- Keshtgar MR,Vaidya JS,Tobias JS,Wenz F,Joseph D,Stacey C,Metaxas MG,Keller A,Corica T,Williams NR,Baum M (2011) Targeted intraoperative radiotherapy for breast cancer in patients in whom external beam radiation is not possible. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 80(1), 31 - 38. 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2010.01.045.
- Vaidya JS,Baum M,Tobias JS,Wenz F,Massarut S,Keshtgar M,Hilaris B,Saunders C,Williams NR,Brew-Graves C,Corica T,Roncadin M,Kraus-Tiefenbacher U,Sütterlin M,Bulsara M,Joseph D (2011) Long-term results of targeted intraoperative radiotherapy (Targit) boost during breast-conserving surgery. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 81(4), 1091 - 1097. 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2010.07.1996.
- Patkar V,Acosta D,Davidson T,Jones A,Fox J,Keshtgar M (2011) Cancer Multidisciplinary Team Meetings: Evidence, Challenges, and the Role of Clinical Decision Support Technology International Journal of Breast Cancer, 2011. 10.4061/2011/831605.
- Keshtgar M,Williams N,Corica T,Saunders C,Joseph D,TARGIT Trialists Grp (2011) Significantly Better Cosmetic Outcome After Intraoperative Radiotherapy Compared With External Beam Radiotherapy for Early Breast Cancer: Objective Assessment of Patients From a Randomized Controlled Trial ANNALS OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY, 18, S171 - S171.
- Keshtgar M,Williams NR,Corica T,Saunders C,Joseph DJ,Bulsara MK,TARGIT Trialists Grp (2011) Cosmetic outcome one, two, three and four years after intra-operative radiotherapy compared with external beam radiotherapy for early breast cancer: an objective assessment of patients from a randomised controlled trial BREAST, 20, S63 - S63.
- Seyedin H,Ryan J,Keshtgar M (2011) Disaster Management Planning for Health Organizations in a Developing Country J URBAN PLAN D-ASCE, 137(1), 77 - 81. 10.1061/(ASCE)UP.1943-5444.0000045.
- Thuné-Boyle ICV,Stygall J,Keshtgar M,Davidson T,Newman SP (2011) Religious coping strategies in patients diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK. Psycho-Oncology, 20, 771 - 782.
- Thuné-Boyle ICV,Stygall J,Newman SP,Keshtgar MRS,Davidson TI (2011) The Impact of a Breast Cancer Diagnosis on Religious/Spiritual Beliefs and Practices in the UK Journal of Religion and Health, 50(2), 203 - 218. 10.1007/s10943-010-9322-2.
- Groves AM,Shastry M,Rodriguez-Justo M,Malhotra A,Endozo R,Davidson T,Kelleher T,Miles KA,Ell PJ,Keshtgar MR (2011) ¹⁸F-FDG PET and biomarkers for tumour angiogenesis in early breast cancer. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging, 38(1), 46 - 52. 10.1007/s00259-010-1590-2.
- Velentzis LS,Keshtgar MR,Woodside JV,Leathem AJ,Titcomb A,Perkins KA,Mazurowska M,Anderson V,Wardell K,Cantwell MM (2011) Significant changes in dietary intake and supplement use after breast cancer diagnosis in a UK multicentre study BREAST CANCER RES TR, 128(2), 473 - 482. 10.1007/s10549-010-1238-8.
- Ghosh DB,O'Brien A,Wickham C,Davidson T,Keshtgar M (2011) The Sentinella (R) experience - a new tool for sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer BREAST, 20, S59 - S60.
- Eaton DJ,Gonzalez R,Duck S,Keshtgar M (2011) Radiation protection for an intra-operative X-ray device. Br J Radiol, 84(1007), 1034 - 1039. 10.1259/bjr/29466902.
- Dua SM,Gray RJ,Keshtgar M (2011) Strategies for localisation of impalpable breast lesions. Breast, 20(3), 246 - 253. 10.1016/j.breast.2011.01.007.
- Keshtgar MR,Williams NR,Corica T,Saunders C,Bulsara M,Joseph D (2011) Cosmetic Outcome One, Two, Three, and Four Years after Intra-operative Radiotherapy Compared with External Beam Radiotherapy for Treatment of Early Breast Cancer: An Objective Assessment of Patients from a Randomized Controlled Trial INT J RADIAT ONCOL, 81(2), S225 - S225.
- Leff DR,Yang G-Z,Darzi A,Yongue G,Vashisht R,Keshtgar M (2011) Endoscopic breast surgery: Where are we now and what might the future hold for video-assisted breast surgery? Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 125(3), 607 - 625. 10.1007/s10549-010-1258-4.
- Williams NR,Pigott KH,Keshtgar MR (2011) Intraoperative radiotherapy in the treatment of breast cancer: a review of the evidence. Int J Breast Cancer, 2011, 375170. 10.4061/2011/375170.
- Rizvi SB,Keshtgar M,Seifalian1 AM (2011) Quantum Dots-Basics to Biological Applications.
- Williams NR,Keshtgar M,Corica T,Saunders C,Joseph D,Bulsara MK (2011) Early Breast Cancer and Cosmetic Outcome One, Two, Three and Four Years After Intra-operative Radiotherapy Compared With External Beam Radiotherapy: an Objective Assessment of Patients From a Randomised Controlled Trial (on Behalf of the TARGIT Trialists' Group) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CANCER, 47, S365 - S365.
- Vaidya JS,Joseph DJ,Tobias JS,Bulsara M,Wenz F,Saunders C,Alvarado M,Flyger HL,Massarut S,Eiermann W,Keshtgar M,Dewar J,Kraus-Tiefenbacher U,Sütterlin M,Esserman L,Holtveg HM,Roncadin M,Pigorsch S,Metaxas M,Falzon M,Matthews A,Corica T,Williams NR,Baum M (2010) Targeted intraoperative radiotherapy versus whole breast radiotherapy for breast cancer (TARGIT-A trial): an international, prospective, randomised, non-inferiority phase 3 trial. Lancet, 376(9735), 91 - 102. 10.1016/S0140-6736(10)60837-9.
- Moghaddam Y,Falzon M,Fulford L,Williams NR,Keshtgar MR (2010) Comparison of three mathematical models for predicting the risk of additional axillary nodal metastases after positive sentinel lymph node biopsy in early breast cancer BRIT J SURG, 97(11), 1646 - 1652. 10.1002/bjs.7181.
- Williams NR,Keshtgar M,Corica T,Saunders C,Joseph D (2010) Significantly better cosmetic outcome after intra-operative radiotherapy compared with external beam radiotherapy for early breast cancer: objective assessment of patients from a randomised controlled trial EJC SUPPLEMENTS, 8(3), 129 - 129.
- Keshtgar M,Tobias JS,Vaidya JS,Stacey C,Corica T,Joseph D,Keller A,Wenz F,Williams NR,Baum M (2010) Single dose intra-operative radiotherapy for breast cancer patients where external beam radiation was not feasible - results after 3 years of follow-up EJC SUPPLEMENTS, 8(3), 130 - 131.
- Keshtgar M,Davidson T,Pigott K,Falzon M,Jones A (2010) Current status and advances in management of early breast cancer International Journal of Surgery, 8(3), 199 - 202. 10.1016/j.ijsu.2010.02.004.
- Sadeghi R,Zakavi SR,Aryana K,Kakhki VRD,Ayati NK,Forghani MN,Shandiz FH,Ghavamnasiri MR,Keshtgar M (2010) The efficacy of Tc-99m sestamibi for sentinel node mapping in breast carcinomas: Comparison with Tc-99m antimony sulphide colloid Nuclear Medicine Review, 13(1), 1 - 4.
- Keshtgar MR,Chicken DW,Austwick MR,Somasundaram SK,Mosse CA,Zhu Y,Bigio IJ,Bown SG (2010) Optical scanning for rapid intraoperative diagnosis of sentinel node metastases in breast cancer. Br J Surg, 97(8), 1232 - 1239. 10.1002/bjs.7095.
- Rizvi SB,Green M,Darbyshire A,YANG S,Seifalian AM,Keshtgar M (2010) Development of a biocompatible fluorescent nanocrystal for sentinal lymph node biopsy British Journal of Surgery, 97(S6), 19 - 19. 10.1002/bjs.7351.
- Baum M,Vaidya JS,Tobias JS,Keshtgar M,Williams NR,Wenz F,Bulsara M,Saunders C,Joseph D,TARGIT Trialists Grp (2010) TARGIT (TARGETED INTRA-OPERATIVE RADIOTHERAPY FOR EARLY STAGE BREAST CANCER): RESULTS FROM THE TARGIT A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL EJC SUPPLEMENTS, 8(6), 19 - 19. 10.1016/j.ejcsup.2010.06.051.
- Vaidya JS,Tobias JS,Baum M,Keshtgar M,Williams N,Wenz F,Joseph D (2010) Response to "Intraoperative radiotherapy in early-stage breast cancer: results of the Montpellier phase II trial."(Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys May 2009). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 77(4), 1289. 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2009.09.082.
- Keshtgar M,Williams N,Corica T,Saunders C,Joseph D (2010) Better Cosmetic Outcome After Intraoperative Radiotherapy Compared With External Beam Radiotherapy for Early Breast Cancer: Objective Assessment of Patients From a Randomized Controlled Trial ANNALS OF SURGICAL ONCOLOGY, 17(2), S178 - S178.
- Keshtgar M,Davidson T,Pigott K,Falzon M,Jones A (2010) Current status and advances in management of early breast cancer. Int J Surg, 8(3), 199 - 202. 10.1016/j.ijsu.2010.02.004.
- Sadeghi R,Kazemzadeh G,Keshtgar M (2010) Diagnostic application of lymphoscintigraphy in the management of lymphoedema HELL J NUCL MED, 13(1), 6 - 10.
- Thuné-Boyle1 ,I CV,Stygall1 ,J ,Keshtgar ,M ,Davidson ,T I,Newman ,S P (2010) The Impact of a Breast Cancer Diagnosis on Religious/Spiritual Beliefs and Practices in the UK Journal of Religion and Health. 10.1007/s10943-010-9322-2.
- Acosta D,Patkar V,Keshtgar M,Fox J (2010) Challenges in Delivering Decision Support Systems: The MATE Experience KNOWLEDGE REPRESENTATION FOR HEALTH-CARE: DATA, PROCESSES AND GUIDELINES, 5943, 124 - 140.
- Patkar V,Acosta D,Fox J,Jones A,Davidson T,Keshtgar M (2010) A novel support tool for Breast Multidisciplinary Meetings: an advanced evidence based computer decision support technology EJC SUPPLEMENTS, 8(3), 211 - 211.
- Patkar V,Acosta D,Fox J,Davidson T,Keshtgar M,Jones A (2009) A Novel Evidence-Adaptive Computerised Decision Support System for Breast Cancer Multidisciplinary Meetings: Results of an Evaluation Study. CANCER RESEARCH, 69(24), 805S - 805S.
- Keshtgar M,Jahromi AH,Davidson T,Escobar P,Mallucci P,Mosahebi A,Baum M (2009) Tissue screening after breast reduction BMJ (Clinical Research Ed.), 338(7696), b630. 10.1136/bmj.b630.
- Nathanson V,Keshtgar M,Treasure T,Gøtzsche PC (2009) Tissue testing after breast reduction BMJ: British Medical Journal, 338(21 Mar), 691 - 692. 10.1136/bmj.b630.
There are no biographical details to display
- Breast cancer
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Minimally Invasive
- Minimally invasive approach in diagnosis and treatment of Breast Cancer
- intra-operative radiotherapy
- sentinel node biopsy