Using the PHP code extracts allows Academic Staff Profiles to be displayed in a number of different styles including the tabbed format shown below - the data is provided dynamically from the IRIS application, while maintaning the consistent look and feel of your site.
Prof Mike O'Hare
Appointments:Emeritus Professor of Cell Biology, Research Department of General Surgery, Div of Surgery & Interventional Sci
- Cellular mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration
Displaying 50 most recent publications. For the full list please visit UCL Discovery
- Jia M,Souchelnytskyi N,Hellman U,O'Hare M,Jat PS,Souchelnytskyi S (2010) Proteome profiling of immortalization-to-senescence transition of human breast epithelial cells identified MAP2K3 as a senescence-promoting protein which is downregulated in human breast cancer PROTEOM CLIN APPL, 4(10-11), 816 - 828. 10.1002/prca.201000006.
- Docquier F,Kita GX,Farrar D,Jat P,O'Hare M,Chernukhin I,Gretton S,Mandal A,Alldridge L,Klenova E (2009) Decreased poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation of CTCF, a transcription factor, is associated with breast cancer phenotype and cell proliferation. Clin Cancer Res, 15(18), 5762 - 5771. 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-09-0329.
- Yague E,Arance A,Kubitza L,O'Hare M,Jat P,Ogilvie CM,Hart IR,Higgins CF,Raguz S (2007) Ability to acquire drug resistance arises early during the tumorigenesis process Cancer Research, 67(3), 1130 - 1137. 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-06-2574.
- Costa FF,Paixao VA,Cavalher FP,Ribeiro KB,Cunha IW,Rinck JA,O'Hare M,Mackay A,Soares FA,Brentani RR,Camargo AA (2006) SATR-1 hypomethylation is a common and early event in breast cancer CANCER GENET CYTOGEN, 165(2), 135 - 143. 10.1016/j.cancergencyto.2005.07.023.
- Palmieri C,Saji S,Sakaguchi H,Cheng G,Sunters A,O'Hare MJ,Warner M,Gustafsson JA,Coombes RC,Lam EWF (2004) The expression of oestrogen receptor (ER)-beta and its variants, but not ER alpha, in adult human mammary fibroblasts Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, 33(1), 35 - 50.
- Fauth C,O'Hare MJ,Lederer G,Jat PS,Speicher MR (2004) Order of genetic events is critical determinant of aberrations in chromosome count and structure Genes, Chromosomes and Cancer, 40(4), 298 - 306.
- Costa FF,Verbisck NV,Salim ACM,Ierardi DF,Pires LC,Sasahara RM,Sogayar MC,Zanata SM,Mackay A,O'Hare M,Soares F,Simpson AJG,Camargo AA (2004) Epigenetic silencing of the adhesion molecule ADAM23 is highly frequent in breast tumors Oncogene, 23(7), 1481 - 1488.
- Jones C,Mackay A,Grigoriadis A,Cossu A,Reis JS,Fulford LG,Dexter T,Davies S,Bulmer K,Ford E,Parry S,Budroni M,Palmieri G,Neville AM,O'Hare MJ,Lakhani SR (2004) Expression profiling of purified normal human luminal and myoepithelial breast cells: Identification of novel prognostic markers for breast cancer Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 82, 20.
- Bin Kim J,Stein R,O'Hare MJ (2004) Three-dimensional in vitro tissue culture models of breast cancer - A review Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 85(3), 281 - 291.
- Jones C,Mackay A,Grigoriadis A,Cossu A,Reis-Filho JS,Fulford L,Dexter T,Davies S,Bulmer K,Ford E,Parry S,Budroni M,Palmieri G,Neville AM,O'Hare MJ,Lakhani SR (2004) Expression profiling of purified normal human luminal and myoepithelial breast cells: Identification of novel prognostic markers for breast cancer Cancer Research, 64(9), 3037 - 3045.
- Brookman-Amissah N,Price RK,Foxon R,Zvelebil MJ,Mackay A,O'Hare MJ,Stein RC (2004) The effects of estradiol and fulvestrant on gene expression in primary breast cancer cells and in established breast cell lines Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 82, 461.
- Clarke CL,Sandle J,Parry SC,Reis JS,O'Hare MJ,Lakhani SR (2004) Cytokeratin 5/6 in normal human breast: Lack of evidence for a stem cell phenotype The Journal of Pathology, 204(2), 147 - 152.
- Alam TN,O'Hare MJ,Laczko I,Freeman A,Al-Beidh F,Masters JRW,Hudson DL (2004) Differential expression of CD44 during human prostate epithelial cell differentiation Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry, 52, 1083 - 1090.
- (2003) Comprehensive sampling of gene expression in human cell lines with massively parallel signature sequencing Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 100(8), 4702 - 4705.
- Kim JB,O'Hare MJ,Stein R (2003) Models of breast cancer: is merging human and animal models the future? Breast Cancer Research, 6(1), 22 - 30.
- (2003) Arylamine N-acetyltransferase-1 is highly expressed in breast cancers and conveys enhanced growth and resistance to etoposide in vitro Molecular Cancer Research, 1(11), 826 - 835.
- (2003) Immortalisation of human ovarian surface epithelium with telomerase and temperature-sensitive SV40 large T antigen Experimental Cell Research, 288(2), 390 - 402.
- Sawyer C,Sturge J,Bennett DC,O'Hare MJ,Allen WE,Bain J,Jones GE,Vanhaesebroeck B (2003) Regulation of breast cancer cell chemotaxis by the phosphoinositide 3-kinase p110delta Cancer Research, 63(7), 1667 - 1675.
- Brookman-Amissah N,Price RK,Foxon R,Mackay A,O'Hare MJ,Stein RC (2003) The effects of estradiol and ICI 182,780 treatment of primary breast cancer cells on gene transcription and comparison to effects in established cell lines British Journal of Cancer, 88, S49 - S49.
- Mackay A,Jones C,Dexter T,Silva RL,Bulmer K,Jones A,Simpson P,Harris RA,Jat PS,Neville AM,Reis LF,Lakhani SR,O'Hare MJ (2003) cDNA microarray analysis of genes associated with ERBB2 (HER2/neu) overexpression in human mammary luminal epithelial cells. Oncogene, 22(17), 2680 - 2688.
- (2003) Functional analysis of PKD1 transgenic lines reveals a direct role for polycystin-1 in mediating cell-cell adhesion Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, 14(7), 1804 - 1815.
- (2003) Fibroblast growth factor 7, secreted by breast fibroblasts, is an interleukin-1 beta-induced paracrine growth factor for human breast cells Journal of Endocrinology, 177(1), 65 - 81.
- (2003) The generation and utilization of a cancer-oriented representation of the human transcriptome by using expressed sequence tags Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 100(23), 13418 - 13423.
- Simpson P,Gale T,Reis J,Jones C,Mackay A,Bulmer K,Jones A,Merrett S,Parry S,Steele D,O'Hare M,Lakhani SR (2003) 14-3-3 sigma is a selective myoepithelial cell marker also expressed in basaloid/myoepithelial breast tumours. JOURNAL OF PATHOLOGY, 201, 34A - 34A.
- Simpson P,Gale T,Reis J,Mackay A,O'Hare MJ,Lakhani SR (2003) 14-3-3 sigma is a selective myoepithelial cell marker also expressed in basaloid/myoepithelial breast tumours Journal of Pathology, 201 (S, 34A.
- (2002) The expression patterns of integrin subunits on human breast tissues obtained during pregnancy Cell Biology International, 26(7), 593 - 598.
- (2002) Activation of BAD by therapeutic inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor and transactivation by insulin-like growth factor receptor Journal of Biological Chemistry, 277(31), 27643 - 27650.
- (2002) In silico comparison of the transcriptome derived from purified normal breast cells and breast tumor cell lines reveals candidate upregulated genes in breast tumor cells Genomics, 79(2), 257 - 265.
- (2002) A conditionally immortalized human podocyte cell line demonstrating nephrin and podocin expression Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, 13(3), 630 - 638.
- Harris RA,Yang A,Stein R,Lucy K,Brusten L,Herath A,Parekh R,Waterfield MD,O'Hare MJ,Neville MA,PAGE MJ,Zvelebil MJ (2002) Cluster analysis of an extensive human breast cancer cell line protein expression map database Proteomics, 2(2), 212 - 223.
- Timms JF,White SL,O'Hare MJ,Waterfield MD (2002) Effects of ErbB-2 overexpression on mitogenic signalling and cell cycle progression in human breast luminal epithelial cells Oncogene, 21(43), 6573 - 6586. 10.1038/sj.onc.1205847.
- (2001) The mammary myoepithelial cell - Cinderella or ugly sister? Breast Cancer Research, 3(1), 1 - 4.
- (2001) Profiling familial breast cancer Nature Medicine, 7(4), 408 - 410.
- Salih V,Knowles JC,O'Hare MJ,Olsen I (2001) Retroviral transduction of alveolar bone cells with a temperature-sensitive SV40 large T antigen Cell and Tissue Research, 304(3), 371 - 376. 10.1007/s004410100391.
- (2001) Desmosomal adhesion regulates epithelial morphogenesis and cell positioning Nature Cell Biology, 3(9), 823 - 830.
- Hudson DL,Guy AT,Fry PM,O'Hare MJ,Watt FM,Master JRW (2001) Epithelial diferentiation pathways in the human prostate: Journal of Histochemistry and Cytochemistry, 49, 271 - 278.
- O'Hare M,Bond J,Clarke C,Takeuchi Y,Atherton AJ,Berry C,Moody J,Silver ARJ,Davies DC,Alsop AE,Neville AM,Jat PS (2001) Conditional immortalization of freshly isolated human mammary fibroblasts and endothelial cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 98(2), 646 - 651. 10.1073/pnas.98.2.646.
- (2001) Immortalization of human hepatocytes by temperature-sensitive SV40 large-T antigen In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology - Animal, 37(3), 166 - 168.
- (2000) Proliferative heterogeneity in the human prostate: Evidence for epithelial stem cells Laboratory Investigation, 80(8), 1243 - 1250.
- (2000) Shotgun sequencing of the human transcriptome with ORF expressed sequence tags Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 97(7), 3491 - 3496.
- (2000) Linking gene expression patterns to therapeutic groups in breast cancer Cancer Research, 60(8), 2232 - 2238.
- (2000) Proliferation and differentiation in the pregnant human breast Differentiation, 66(2-3), 106 - 115.
- Brimmell M,Burns JS,Munson P,O'Hare M,Lakhani SR,Packham G (1999) High level expression of differentially localized BAG-1 isoforms in some oestrogen receptor-positive human breast cancers British Journal of Cancer, 81(6), 1042 - 1051.
- (1999) Genetic alterations in "normal" luminal and myoepithelial cells of the breast The Journal of Pathology, 189(4), 496 - 503.
- (1999) New model of ErbB-2 over-expression in human mammary luminal epithelial cells INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CANCER, 80(3), 477 - 484.
- (1999) The use of transgenic animals in the European Union - The report and recommendations of ECVAM Workshop 28 ATLA - Alternatives to Laboratory Animals, 27(S1), A21 - A43.
- Parkar MH,Kuru L,O'Hare M,Newman HN,Hughes F,Olsen I (1999) Retroviral transduction of human periodontal cells with a temperature-sensitive SV40 large T antigen Archives of Oral Biology, 44(10), 823 - 834.
- Page MJ,Amess B,Townsend RR,Parekh R,Herath A,Brusten L,Zvelebil MJ,Stein RC,Waterfield MD,Davies SC,O'Hare MJ (1999) Proteomic definition of normal human luminal and myoepithelial breast cells purified from reduction mammoplasties Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 96(22), 12589 - 12594.
- Lakhani SR,Chaggar R,Davis S,Odel C,O'Hare M (1998) Loss of heterozygosity (LOH) in normal epithelial and myoepithelial cells from tissues adjacent to breast carcinoma, S111.
- Anderson R,O'Hare MJ,Balls M,Brady M,Brahams D,Burt A (1998) The availability of human tissue for biomedical research - The report and recommendations of ECVAM workshop 32 ATLA - Alternatives to Laboratory Animals, 26(6), 763 - 777.
There are no biographical details to display