Using the PHP code extracts allows Academic Staff Profiles to be displayed in a number of different styles including the tabbed format shown below - the data is provided dynamically from the IRIS application, while maintaning the consistent look and feel of your site.
Dr Marie Clark
Telephone:0208 679 1615
Address:1-19 Torrington Place,
Appointments:Honorary Research Associate, Epidemiology & Public Health, Institute of Epidemiology & Health
'Improving management of Type 1 diabetes in the UK: the DAFNE programme as a research test-bed' The DAFNE programme is the only UK structured diabetes education course demonstrating positive biomedical and psychosocial outcomes in an RCT and is also quality assured. It provides a unique test-bed to conduct research not only to improve Type 1 diabetes management but also to learn more about educational interventions in diabetes and long-term conditions more generally. The 2 themes of our programme are utilising a team of clinicians, social scientists and patients to 1) develop and improve a complex educational intervention in diabetes by identifying patient characteristics and course components which determine success and 'failure'. 2) use an effective, quality assured intervention to evaluate the benefit of new 'treatments'.
- adherence to treatment
- empowerment/patient centred care
- interventions in chronic illness
Displaying 21 most recent publications. For the full list please visit UCL Discovery
- Clark M (2008) Clark, M. (2008). Diabetes self-management education: A review of published studies. Primary care diabetes, 2: 113–120. Primary Care Diabetes(2), 113 - 120.
- Forster A,Clark M (2008) Associations between health behaviours, the theory of planned behaviour, influenza vaccination uptake and intentions in British individuals over the age of 65 Psychology & Health, 23(Suppl 1), 122 - 122.
- Clark M (2008) Adherence to treatment in patients with type 2 diabetes. Journal of Diabetes Nursing, 8(10), 386 - 391.
- Bailey J,Clark M,Shepherd R (2008) Duration of breastfeeding in young women: psychological influences British Journal of Midwifery, 16(3), 172 - 178.
- Epiphaniou EG,Clark M (2008) University students' beliefs abd attitudes towards smoking and their intention to quit Health Psychology Update, 17(1), 12 - 19.
- Clark M (2007) Psychological insulin resistance: A guide for practice nurses Journal of Diabetes Nursing, 11(2), 53.
- Clark M,Avery L,Hampson SE (2007) Beliefs about medicines and personal models of diabetes in relation to adherence to medication in patients with type 2 diabetes. Published abstract. Diabetic Medicine, 24(Suppl 1), 101 - 101.
- Clark M,Kritz M (2007) An intervention to increase the uptake of screening for diabetes in high-risk groups, ‘finding the missing million’. Diabetic Medicine, 24(Suppl 1), 101 - 101.
- Clark M,Kritz M (2005) Is brochure information on symptoms and risk factors for type 2 diabetes effective in encouraging increased risk perception and screening behaviour in high risk groups? Published abstract. Psychology & Health, 20.
- Clark M (2005) Healthcare professionals' versus patients' perspectives on diabetes. Journal of Diabetes Nursing, 9(3), 87 - 91.
- Clark M (2004) Is weight loss a realistic goal of treatment in type 2 diabetes? The implications of restraint theory. Patient Education and Counseling, Jun; 53(3), 277 - 283.
- Clark M (2004) Understanding Diabetes..
- Byrne M,Carr A,Clark M (2004) Power in relationships of women with depression Journal of Family Therapy, 26, 407 - 429.
- Clark MH,S E A,L S,R (2004) Effects of a Brief Tailored Intervention on the Process and Predictors of Lifestyle Behaviour Change in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes British Journal of Health Psychology, 9, 440 - 449.
- Clark M,Hampson SE,Avery L,Simpson R (2004) Effects of a tailored lifestyle self-management intervention in patients with type 2 diabetes. British Journal of Health Psychology, Sep;9, 365 - 379.
- Clark M,Asimakopoulou K (2004) Diabetes in Older Adults..
- Byrne M,Carr A,Clark M (2004) The efficacy of behavioural couples therapy and emotionally focused couples distress and depression Contemporary Family Therapy, 26, 361 - 387.
- Clark M,Hampson SE (2003) Comparison of patients' and healthcare professionals' beliefs about and attitudes towards Type 2 diabetes. Diabetic Medicine, 20, 152 - 154.
- Clark M (2001) Implementing a psychological intervention to improve lifestyle self-management in type 2 diabetes Patient Education and Counseling, 42, 247 - 256.
- Rapoport L,Clark M,Wardle J (2000) Evaluation of a modified cognitive-behavioural programme for weight management International Journal of Obesity, 24(12), 1726 - 1737.
- Clark M,Ogden J (1999) The impact of pregnancy on eating behaviour and aspects of weight concern International Journal of Obesity, 23, 18 - 24.
There are no biographical details to display