Using the PHP code extracts allows Academic Staff Profiles to be displayed in a number of different styles including the tabbed format shown below - the data is provided dynamically from the IRIS application, while maintaning the consistent look and feel of your site.
Dr Greta Rait
Telephone:020 7472 6878
Fax:020 7794 1224
Address:3B-51 Dept of Primary Care and Population Health, UCL Medical Scho,
Upper Third Floor, Royal Free Campus,
Appointments:Clinical Senior Lecturer, Primary Care & Population Health, Institute of Epidemiology & Health
I trained in Manchester and completed my clinical general practice training there. I gained a MSc in Epidemiology from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicince. My MD was a project on screening for mental health disorders in older people from ethnic minority backgrounds. I spent some time working with the MRC General Practice Research Framework.
In addition to my work in the Department, I am a GP in Islington.
I work within PCPH and for PRIMENT CTU (http://www.priment.mrc.ac.uk/).
I am currently leading a study looking at attrition in clinical trials. I am involved with secondary data analysis using primary care databases examining common mental disorders and dementia. I work in the area of dementia, including studies on screening and co-morbidities, and infections, including a study on partner notification in primary care.
- Interface between physical health and mental health
- Screening for cardiovascular disease in ethnic minority groups in faith-based and community settings
- complex interventions in primary care
- mental health (including dementia)
Displaying 50 most recent publications. For the full list please visit UCL Discovery
- Grant RL,Drennan VM,Rait G,Petersen I,Iliffe S (2013) First Diagnosis and Management of Incontinence in Older People with and without Dementia in Primary Care: A Cohort Study Using The Health Improvement Network Primary Care Database. PLoS Med, 10(8), e1001505. 10.1371/journal.pmed.1001505.
- Brueton VC,Tierney J,Stenning S,Harding S,Meredith S,Nazareth I,Rait G (2013) Strategies to improve retention in randomised trials. Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 12, MR000032. 10.1002/14651858.MR000032.pub2.
- Drennan VM,Rait G,Cole L,Grant R,Iliffe S (2013) The prevalence of incontinence in people with cognitive impairment or dementia living at home: a systematic review. Neurourol Urodyn, 32(4), 314 - 324. 10.1002/nau.22333.
- Bailey JV,Pavlou M,Copas A,McCarthy O,Carswell K,Rait G,Hart G,Nazareth I,Free C,French R,Murray E (2013) The sexunzipped trial: optimizing the design of online randomized controlled trials. J Med Internet Res, 15(12), e278. 10.2196/jmir.2668.
- Nicholson A,Ford E,Davies KA,Smith HE,Rait G,Tate AR,Petersen I,Cassell J (2013) Optimising use of electronic health records to describe the presentation of rheumatoid arthritis in primary care: a strategy for developing code lists. PLoS One, 8(2), e54878. 10.1371/journal.pone.0054878.
- Eastwood SV,Rait G,Bhattacharyya M,Nair DR,Walters K (2013) Cardiovascular risk assessment of South Asian populations in religious and community settings: a qualitative study. Fam Pract, 30(4), 466 - 472. 10.1093/fampra/cmt017.
- Ford E,Nicholson A,Koeling R,Tate AR,Carroll J,Axelrod L,Smith HE,Rait G,Davies KA,Petersen I,Williams T,Cassell JA (2013) Optimising the use of electronic health records to estimate the incidence of rheumatoid arthritis in primary care: what information is hidden in free text? BMC Med Res Methodol, 13(1), 105. 10.1186/1471-2288-13-105.
- Fox C,Lafortune L,Boustani M,Dening T,Rait G,Brayne C (2013) Screening for dementia - is it a no brainer? Int J Clin Pract. 10.1111/ijcp.12239.
- Walters KR,Rait G,Griffin M,Buszewicz M,Nazareth I (2012) Incidence of anxiety diagnoses and symptoms recorded in primary care. PLoS One, 7(8). 10.1371/journal.pone.0041670.
- Bailey JV,Murray E,Rait G,Mercer CH,Morris RW,Peacock R,Cassell J,Nazareth I (2012) Computer-based interventions for sexual health promotion: systematic review and meta-analyses Int.J.STD AIDS., 23(6), 408 - 413.
- Drennan VM,Greenwood N,Cole L,Fader M,Grant R,Rait G,Iliffe S (2012) Conservative interventions for incontinence in people with dementia or cognitive impairment, living at home: a systematic review. BMC Geriatr, 12, 77. 10.1186/1471-2318-12-77.
- Tam CC,Rodrigues LC,Viviani L,Dodds JP,Evans MR,Hunter PR,Gray JJ,Letley LH,Rait G,Tompkins DS,O'Brien SJ,IID2 Study Executive Committee (2012) Longitudinal study of infectious intestinal disease in the UK (IID2 study): incidence in the community and presenting to general practice. Gut, 61(1), 69 - 77. 10.1136/gut.2011.238386.
- Mercer CH,Aicken CR,Estcourt CS,Keane F,Brook G,Rait G,White PJ,Cassell JA (2012) Building the bypass--implications of improved access to sexual healthcare: evidence from surveys of patients attending contrasting genitourinary medicine clinics across England in 2004/2005 and 2009. Sex Transm Infect, 88(1), 9 - 15. 10.1136/sextrans-2011-050257.
- Bunn F,Goodman C,Sworn K,Rait G,Brayne C,Robinson L,McNeilly E,Iliffe S (2012) Psychosocial Factors That Shape Patient and Carer Experiences of Dementia Diagnosis and Treatment: A Systematic Review of Qualitative Studies PLoS Med, 9(10), e1001331. 10.1371/journal.pmed.1001331.
- Walters K,Rait G,Hardoon S,Kalaitzaki E,Petersen I,Nazareth I (2012) Socio-demographic variation in chest pain incidence and subsequent coronary heart disease in primary care in the United Kingdom. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 10.1177/2047487312449415.
- Tam CC,O'Brien SJ,Tompkins DS,Bolton FJ,Berry L,Dodds J,Choudhury D,Halstead F,Iturriza-Gómara M,Mather K,Rait G,Ridge A,Rodrigues LC,Wain J,Wood B,Gray JJ,IID2 Study Executive Committee (2012) Changes in causes of acute gastroenteritis in the United Kingdom over 15 years: microbiologic findings from 2 prospective, population-based studies of infectious intestinal disease. Clin Infect Dis, 54(9), 1275 - 1286. 10.1093/cid/cis028.
- Adelman S,Blanchard M,Rait G,Leavey G,Livingston G (2011) Prevalence of dementia in African-Caribbean compared with UK-born White older people: two-stage cross-sectional study. Br J Psychiatry, 199(2), 119 - 125. 10.1192/bjp.bp.110.086405.
- Bailey J,McCarthy O,Carswell K,Murray E,Rait G,Hart G,Nazareth I,Free C,French R,Stevenson F (2011) THE SEXUNZIPPED WEBSITE FOR SEXUAL WELLBEING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE: EARLY RESULTS OF A PILOT ONLINE RCT J SEX MED, 8, 126 - 126.
- Brueton V,Stevenson F,Vale C,Rait G (2011) Complexities of retention in primary care randomised trials: A thematic analysis of in-depth interviews. Trials, 12 Suppl 1, A132. 10.1186/1745-6215-12-S1-A132.
- Brueton V,Tierney J,Stenning S,Nazareth I,Meredith S,Harding S,Rait G (2011) Strategies to reduce attrition in randomised trials. Trials, 12 Suppl 1, A128. 10.1186/1745-6215-12-S1-A128.
- Adelman S,Blanchard M,Rait G,Leavey G,Livingston G (2011) Need to identify modifiable risk factors of dementia in the older UK African-Caribbean population reply BRIT J PSYCHIAT, 199(3), 250 - 250. 10.1192/bjp.199.3.250.
- Cassell J,Estcourt C,Symonds M,Richens J,Rait G,Lanza S,Dodds J,Smith H (2011) PROVIDER AND CONTRACT REFERRAL FOR BACTERIAL STIS: TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN? SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS, 87, A326 - A327. 10.1136/sextrans-2011-050108.553.
- Horsfall LJ,Rait G,Walters K,Swallow DM,Pereira SP,Nazareth I,Petersen I (2011) Serum bilirubin and risk of respiratory disease and death. JAMA, 305(7), 691 - 697. 10.1001/jama.2011.124.
- Aicken CR,Cassell JA,Estcourt CS,Keane F,Brook G,Rait G,White PJ,Mercer CH (2011) Rationale and development of a survey tool for describing and auditing the composition of, and flows between, specialist and community clinical services for sexually transmitted infections. BMC Health Serv Res, 11, 30. 10.1186/1472-6963-11-30.
- Brueton V,Rait G,Tierney J,Meredith S,Darbyshire J,Harding S,Stenning S,Nazareth I (2011) Strategies to reduce attrition in randomised trials Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews(2). 10.1002/14651858.MR000032.
- Iliffe S,Curry L,Kharicha K,Rait G,Wilcock J,Lowery D,Tapuria A,Kalra D,Ritchie C (2011) Developing a Dementia Research Registry: a descriptive case study from North Thames DeNDRoN and the EVIDEM programme. BMC Med Res Methodol, 11(1), 9. 10.1186/1471-2288-11-9.
- Lancaster GA,Campbell MJ,Eldridge S,Farrin A,Marchant M,Muller S,Perera R,Peters TJ,Prevost AT,Rait G (2010) Trials in primary care: statistical issues in the design, conduct and evaluation of complex interventions. Stat Methods Med Res, 19(4), 349 - 377. 10.1177/0962280209359883.
- O'Brien SJ,Rait G,Hunter PR,Gray JJ,Bolton FJ,Tompkins DS,McLauchlin J,Letley LH,Adak GK,Cowden JM,Evans MR,Neal KR,Smith GE,Smyth B,Tam CC,Rodrigues LC (2010) Methods for determining disease burden and calibrating national surveillance data in the United Kingdom: the second study of infectious intestinal disease in the community (IID2 study). BMC Med Res Methodol, 10. 10.1186/1471-2288-10-39.
- Nicholson A,Rait G,Murray-Thomas T,Hughes G,Mercer CH,Cassell J (2010) Management of first-episode pelvic inflammatory disease in primary care: results from a large UK primary care database. Br J Gen Pract, 60(579), e395 - e406. 10.3399/bjgp10X532404.
- Nicholson A,Rait G,Murray-Thomas T,Hughes G,Mercer CH,Cassell J (2010) Management of epididymo-orchitis in primary care: results from a large UK primary care database. Br J Gen Pract, 60(579), e407 - e422. 10.3399/bjgp10X532413.
- Bailey JV,Murray E,Rait G,Mercer CH,Morris RW,Peacock R,Cassell J,Nazareth I (2010) Interactive computer-based interventions for sexual health promotion. Cochrane Database Syst Rev(9), CD006483. 10.1002/14651858.CD006483.pub2.
- Rait G,Walters K,Bottomley C,Petersen I,Iliffe S,Nazareth I (2010) Survival of people with clinical diagnosis of dementia in primary care: cohort study. BMJ, 341, c3584.
- Livingston G,Leavey G,Manela M,Livingston D,Rait G,Sampson E,Bavishi S,Shahriyarmolki K,Cooper C (2010) Making decisions for people with dementia who lack capacity: qualitative study of family carers in UK. BMJ, 341, c4184.
- Iliffe S,Robinson L,Brayne C,Goodman C,Rait G,Manthorpe J,Ashley PTDPCCSG (2009) Primary care and dementia: 1. diagnosis, screening and disclosure International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 24(9), 895 - 901. 10.1002/gps.2204.
- Robinson L,Iliffe S,Brayne C,Goodman C,Rait G,Manthorpe J,Ashley P,Moniz-Cook ETDPCCSG (2009) Primary care and dementia: 2. long-term care at home: psychosocial interventions, information provision, carer support and case management International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, Epub. 10.1002/gps.2405.
- Patel A,Buszewicz M,Beecham J,Griffin M,Rait G,Nazareth I,Atkinson A,Barlow J,Haines A (2009) Economic evaluation of arthritis self management in primary care BRIT MED J, 339. 10.1136/bmj.b3532.
- Evans HER,Tsourapas A,Mercer CH,Rait G,Bryan S,Hamill M,Delpech V,Hughes G,Brook G,Williams T,Johnson AM,Singh S,Petersen I,Chadborn T,Cassell JA (2009) Primary care consultations and costs among HIV positive individuals in UK primary care 1995-2005: A cohort study Sexually Transmitted Infections, 85, 543 - 549.
- Rait G,Walters K,Griffin M,Buszewicz M,Petersen I,Nazareth I (2009) Recent trends in the incidence of recorded depression in primary care British Journal of Psychiatry, 195(6), 520 - 524. 10.1192/bjp.bp.108.058636.
- Melzer M,Lacey S,Rait G (2009) The case for outpatient treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malaria in a selected UK immigrant population Journal of Infection, 59(4), 259 - 263. 10.1016/j.jinf.2009.08.010.
- RAIT G (2008) Integrated Management of Depression in the Elderly, 74 - 76.
- Rait G,Taylor H,Carmi M,Thomas P (2008) The Darzi interview: an opportunity for debate London Journal of Primary Care, 1, 15 - 16.
- Griffiths C,French RS,Patel-Kanawal H,Rait G (2008) 'Always between two cultures': young British Bangladeshis and their parents views on sex and relationships: implications for developing sexual health education programmes Culture, Health and Sexuality, 10(7), 709 - 723. 10.1080/13691050802213571.
- Iliffe S,Manthorpe J,Warner J,Drennan V,Goodman C,Rait G,Kharicha K (2008) Making progress in psychosocial research in dementia Dementia, 7(2), 167 - 174.
- Furler J,Cleland J,Del Mar C,Hanratty B,Kadam U,Lasserson D,McCowan C,Magin P,Mitchell C,Qureshi N,Rait G,Steel N,van Driel M,Ward A (2008) Leaders, leadership and future primary care clinical research BMC Family Practice, 9, 52. 10.1186/1471-2296-9-52.
- Melzer M,Tricot T,Black B,Rait G (2008) HIV coinfection in patients with pneumococcaemia in East London. HIV Med, 9(9), 794. 10.1111/j.1468-1293.2008.00633.x.
- Walters K,Rait G,Petersen I,Williams R,Nazareth I (2008) Panic disorder and risk of new onset coronary heart disease, acute myocardial infarction, and cardiac mortality: cohort study using the general practice research database European Heart Journal, 29(24), 2981 - 2988. 10.1093/eurheartj/ehn477.
- Melzer M,Toner R,Lacey S,Bettany E,Rait G (2007) Biliary tract infection and bacteraemia: presentation, structural abnormalities, causative organisms and clinical outcomes. Postgrad Med J, 83(986), 773 - 776. 10.1136/pgmj.2007.064683.
- Wilcock J,Iliffe S,Austin T,Walters K,Rait G,Turner S,Bryans M,Downs M (2007) Differential effectiveness of traditional and electronic educational interventions in influencing concordance with clinical guidelines..
- Bailey JV,Murray E,Rait G,Mercer CH,Morris RW,Peacock R,Cassell JA,Nazareth I (2007) Interactive computer-based interventions for sexual health promotion Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews(2). 10.1002/14651858.CD006483.
- Turner A,Barlow JM,Buszewicz MJ,Atkinson A,Rait G (2007) Beliefs about the causes of Osteoarthritis among primary care patients’ Arthritis Care and Research, 57(2), 267 - 271. 10.1002/art.22537.
BiographyI trained in Manchester and completed my clinical general practice training there. I gained a MSc in Epidemiology from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicince. My MD was a project on screening for mental health disorders in older people from ethnic minority backgrounds. I spent some time working with the MRC General Practice Research Framework.
In addition to my work in the Department, I am a GP in Islington.