Using the PHP code extracts allows Academic Staff Profiles to be displayed in a number of different styles including the tabbed format shown below - the data is provided dynamically from the IRIS application, while maintaning the consistent look and feel of your site.
Dr Dorina Cadar
Telephone:+ 44 (0)20 7670 5718
Address:MRC Unit for Lifelong Health & Ageing at UCL,
33 Bedford Place,
Appointments:MRC CDF, MRC Unit for Lifelong Health & Ageing, Institute of Epidemiology & Health
My aim of research is focused on the various determinants of mental capabilities across the life-course and specifically on the risk factors for cognitive decline and incident of dementia. I am interested in the interindividual variability of cognitive ageing, and in special why some individuals experience faster rates of cognitive decline compared to others.
- Alcohol Research
- Alcohol Research Interest Group (ARIG)
- Cognitive Ageing
- Health behaviours
- Mechanisms of ageing in the nervous system
- The role of nutrition in adult health and longevity
- mental health (including dementia)
- physical activity
Displaying 6 most recent publications. For the full list please visit UCL Discovery
- Cadar D (2013) The role of lifestyle behaviours on cognitive functioning and on cognitive decline, 1 - 362.
- Cadar D,Pikhart H,Mishra G,Stephen AM,Kuh D,Richards M (2012) FOOD FOR THOUGHT! THE ROLE OF DIETARY CHOICES ON COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR JOURNAL OF EPIDEMIOLOGY AND COMMUNITY HEALTH, 66, A57 - A57. 10.1136/jech-2012-201753.148.
- Cadar D,Pikhart H,Mishra G,Kuh D,Richards M (2012) Is there a role for physical activity in preventing cognitive decline? JOURNAL OF AGING AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, 20, S34 - S34.
- Cadar D,Cadar D,Pikhart H,Mishra G,Kuh D,Richards D (2012) Is there a role for physical activity in preventing cognitive decline? Journal of aging and physical activity [1063-8652], Volume: 20 Page: S34.
- Cadar D,Pikhart H,Mishra G,Stephen A,Kuh D,Richards M (2012) The role of lifestyle behaviors on 20-year cognitive decline J.Aging Res., 2012, 304014. 10.1155/2012/304014.
- Cadar D,Pikhart H,Mishra G,Richards M (2011) THE LONG AND SHORT TERM EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION ON COGNITIVE DECLINE J EPIDEMIOL COMMUN H, 65. 10.1136/jech.2011.143586.75.
There are no biographical details to display