Masterplan public consultation
From 2015-2016, several rounds of public consultations, involving stakeholders and local communities, informed the evolution of the masterplan. The process had the following stages:
- The first stage aimed at raising awareness of the programme with UCL staff, students, local stakeholders and local community across four boroughs, including key groups. The consultation was focused on gaining an understanding of both UCL and local issues, as well as aspirations for UCL East. UCL organised the Spark festival in 2015 at QEOP to introduce the masterplan principles and collect considerations for feedback
- Stage two continued to raise project awareness, with pop-up road show exhibitions in various locations across five neighbourhoods (Stratford, Bow, Leyton, Fish Island and Hackney Wick) and at UCL Bloomsbury. The aim was to inform and involve a representative cross-section of the local community and future users of the site
- The final draft masterplan was presented at a two-week public exhibition, tracking how the plans have responded to previous consultation stages. The results of this third stage provided recommendations and formed the basis of the next stage of detailed design for the buildings
- The final round of consultations was held at the Podium at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Stratford Centre.
Information about the masterplan
Full details about the masterplan, including access, form, identity and sustaintability, and the process for detailed design can be found on the public consultation boards (November 2016).
Public consultation findings
Overall, the results of the public consultations were
positive with over 4,100 people consulted, and many stakeholders and local people
expressing their excitement about the new campus.
- To read about the first round of consultation events in 2015, please download the Stage 1 Consultation Report (November 2015)
- To learn more about results from the Stage 2 consultation, please download the Stage 2 Consultation Report (July 2016)
- To find out more about the Stage 3 report, please download the Stage 3 Consultation Report (September 2016).
If you have any questions or would like to join the mailing list for future updates, please contact the UCL East consultation team at Soundings on:
- Email: UCLEast@soundingsoffice.com
- Phone: 020 7729 1705