UCL at Here East
During the autumn of 2017, UCL launched a new space at Here East on the Olympic Park. This space will see architects, engineers, computer scientists, mathematicians, anthropologists – and more – working side by side, mixing with nearby entrepreneurs and performers. They’ll work in partnership with local people, not just through lectures and events, but also through our mobile hertiage science laboratory, where members of the public will help carry out research. The site will be a catalyst for new conversations and new ways of thinking: a place where different communities can educate and inspire one another.
In this new space, students can enroll in new courses, combining both architecture and engineering. They can use cutting edge technology to carry out research, linking subjects from computer science to transport, from real estate to robotics. And they can learn to design new products, new services, or new business models - not just in their own area but across all kinds of disciplines.
The departments in UCL at Here East
The space will be shared between the following academic groups:
- Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering (CEGE)
- Computer Science and Centre for Medical Image Computing (CMIC)
- The Bartlett School of Architecture (BSA)
- The Institute for Sustainable Heritage (ISH)
- The Institute for Environmental Design and Engineering (IEDE)
- The Bartlett Institute for Real Estate (BREI).
Courses to be delivered at Here East include:
- MEng Engineering and Architectural Design (four-year course)
- MArch Design for Performance and Interaction (15-month course)
- MArch Situated Practice (15-month course)
- MArch Design for Manufacture (15-month course)
- MSc Robotics and Computation.
The space at Here East will also be home to the UK Centre for Moisture in Buildings (UKCMB) - an organisation established to break barriers between research, teaching and engagement with industry.
For more information, please visit the UCL Here East website.