1-19 Torrington Place
This project will provide the largest amount of high-quality, centrally bookable teaching space on the Bloomsbury campus.
1-19 Torrington Place at a glance:
- A new communal welcome space in the lobby with cluster tables and soft seating in booths
- Seven new classrooms: two large 50+ capacity rooms and five smaller rooms with space for up to 20 people
- One Technology Enhanced Active Learning (TEAL) room for a media-rich, collaborative learning experience
- Three lecture theatres with 120 person capacities
- One multifunctional teaching room: a more flexible teaching space for 16 people
- Soft recessed seating areas outside main large teaching spaces - unbookable, for use by anyone
- Spaces shared with students from across the university
With an additional capacity of 132 seats in teaching rooms and the creation of 10 learning/social spaces, the refurbishment of 1-19 Torrington Place will address the need to provide excellent teaching and learning space for our growing UCL community that are inclusive and fully accessible.
Flexible spaces, free to be booked by any UCL department will maximise opportunities for collaborative learning and interdisciplinarity. The innovative design of the teaching spaces will support emerging pedagogies, e.g. Technology Enhanced Active Learning (TEAL), and integrated laptop docking stations on desktops will facilitate research-based education.
Smartly-designed spaces will maximise occupancy and utilisation through best practice teaching room layouts, and high-quality, durable furniture and finishes ensure the sustainability and long-term use of the facility. Each room will have significantly enhanced AV/IT facilities.
The project will also improve accessibility, with the installation of a new lift in the Main Entrance, and deliver new toilets, including gender neutral facilities.
- The project will complete in December 2017, with rooms centrally bookable in time for Term 2, January 2018
You can also contact the project team via email. Please include 1-19 TORRINGTON PLACE in the subject headline and send your email to firstname.lastname@example.orgTweet