Teaching and Learning Portal
"Teaching is about creating those moments where the world suddenly makes a little bit more sense."
Dr Ben Hanson, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Here are a few useful resources to help you in teaching at UCL.
Personal tutor scheme
The Library’s Teaching and Learning Support Section can advise staff and provide additional resources to support teaching.
- Reading list covering resources for staff wishing to support students' academic writing
Strategy and policy documents
- Academic regulations for boards of examiners on undergraduate taught programmes
- Appendices of the academic regulations for boards of examiners on undergraduate taught programmes
- Departmental Learning and Teaching Strategies: Guidance for Drafters 2012
- E-Learning Strategy 2012-2015
- Global citizenship strategy 2011-2013
- Institutional Learning and Teaching Strategy (ILTS) 2010-2015
- International Strategy 2012-2017 (password-protected)
- Manifesto for Teaching and Learning 2010-2015
- Museums and Collections Strategic Plan 2010-2013
Teaching- and learning-related guides and presentations
- Internationalisation of the Curriculum: a presentation by the Vice-Provost
- Orally presented posters presentation
- Peer assessment presentation
- Portfolios presentation
- Scenario-based assessment presentation
- Video tutorials on a range of topics including Moodle, Hot Potatoes exercises, Audacity, Web 2.0 and Digital Literacies
- Resources for those interested in improving students' academic writing
Other useful links
- Module timetable checker: click on this link then replace 'ABCD1234' with the relevant module code
- Writing learning outcomes: a downloadable guide provided by the HEA
- Teaching and learning events calendar, which can be viewed online, added to your own Outlook calendar and embedded in webpages
- New to teaching toolkit: a handy collection of resources from the HEA
If you have not found what you're looking for, try searching the full list of documents available to UCL staff.
Page last modified on 10 jun 13 15:09
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com.