Electronic voting systems (EVS)
Also known as 'clickers', the TurningPoint electronic voting system is a powerful teaching tool which can be used in lectures to establish students' knowledge and opinions. The lecturer poses a question and students vote anonymously by pressing buttons on a handset. After the poll is taken the results are converted into a bar chart and shown on screen.
TurningPoint can be used in conjunction with PowerPoint and other programmes on both PCs and MACs.
Benefits to teaching and learning
- Lecturers can adapt the content of courses to meet the needs of students
- Results can be used to stimulate debate
- Encourages students to think critically and interact throughout the lecture
- Enhances learning and motivation
- Provides variety and engagement within lectures.