Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Training and development
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
"By putting teaching materials out there, it can help our reputation for teaching to become as good as our reputation for research."
Jane Hughes, CALT
- OER@UCL: UCL projects to develop OER
- Creative Commons: Copyright licenses that enable resource-sharing
- OER InfoKit: Practical help from JISC
- OER starter pack: Beginner's guide
- JISC/HEA OER programme: Government-funded OER research
- JISC Techdis: UK advisory service on using technology in education
- Jorum: OER repository for UK further and higher education
- OpenLearn: Learning materials from Open University courses
Open educational resources
Education for all has taken on a new meaning in the digital age. The internet has paved the way for a cultural revolution in which academics share their teaching materials online, for free.
Open educational resources (OER) can be anything from complete courses to recorded lectures, essay questions, discussion topics or reading lists. Teaching staff can 'pick and mix' these to suit their own purposes. This spirit of collaborative working opens up higher education to a much wider audience, gives students and teachers greater access and raises the profile of the academics who create OER.
Find out about using OER at UCL in this video:
UCL is already committed to making all its research available online on UCL Discovery and has released some excellent learning resources through OER projects. With new supporting technologies on the horizon and national funding for UKOER, the potential is huge.
Find out more
For advice on developing OER, contact E-Learning Environments (ELE).
Page last modified on 08 jun 12 12:39
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com or call 020 7679 5992 (internal extension 45992).