Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
- Vice-Provost (Education)
"Students don't talk about learning with technology, they talk about learning. The technology is a given."
Dr Stephen Rowett, ELE
- Lecturecast: A system for recording lectures and events and making them available online
- Moodle: A virtual learning environment which enhances teaching by allowing staff to create their courses online
- Electronic voting systems: Teaching tools to establish students' knowledge and opinions
- E-Learning Environments (ELE): Supporting staff and students at UCL to use technology to enhance teaching and learning
- E-Learning Strategy 2012-2015
Disability support for staff and students at the SENIT Suite
The Student-Enabling IT Suite (known as the SENIT Suite) provides a wide range of assistive technology, both hardware and software, for students with disabilities. Access for this is arranged via UCL Disability Services.
Michele Farmer, the Disability IT Support Analyst, can offer guidance on equipment and software and can also provide training in assistive technology for both staff and students.
For staff there is also a testing scheme for equipment, which can be borrowed on a short-term basis in order to find the best possible solution for their ergonomic or disability needs.
The SENIT Suite is open daily from 9am-8pm, but is closed on public holidays and during periods when UCL is closed.
To find out more about ISD support for students and staff with disabilities, visit the Disability IT Support Analyst’s pages:
Page last modified on 28 sep 12 10:28
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com