Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Vice-Provost (Education & Student Affairs)
"Teaching is about creating those moments where the world suddenly makes a little bit more sense."
Dr Ben Hanson, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Personal and Professional Development: UCL website for tutors and students outlining the ways in which students can improve their key skills
- Portico: UCL Personal and Professional Development record system
- Skills Development Programme: Key skills development opportunities for research students
- Research student log: Mandatory for all graduate school students
- Key skills on Moodle
- MyPortfolio: UCL e-portfolio and CV builder
- Personal tutors’ handbook: Guide to helping students
Key skills such as communication, numeracy and literacy are vital to a good all-round student experience. They help students make the transition from school to university, cope with academic work, enjoy extracurricular activities and enhance their career prospects.
UCL provides a number of resources to develop these skills for taught and research students. A dedicated Personal and Professional Development website has been designed to help taught students and their personal tutors plan and record their skills development in a systematic way.
The Personal Tutors website also gives staff help on key skills development.
UCL introduced the HEAR system (Higher Education Achievement Record) to new undergraduates in the 2011-12 academic session in order to provide more detailed information about a student's learning and achievement beyond the traditional degree. Activities such as sports participation and leadership of clubs and volunteering will develop students’ key skills and be recorded on their HEAR.
Page last modified on 26 nov 12 16:19
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com