Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Training and development
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
"Teaching is about creating those moments where the world suddenly makes a little bit more sense."
Dr Ben Hanson, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Learning and Teaching Strategy 2010-2015
- UCL Manifesto for Teaching and Learning
- UCL Assessment Strategy Guidance for staff
- Academic manual: Compendium of key documents for staff
- Personal tutors' online handbook
- Key skills website: Online advice for staff and students
- Academic regulations: Registry website
- Key documents for staff: Alphabetical list of online resources
- Online timetable: Search by subject, department or degree
Teaching and learning methods
Academic staff need to support students to achieve their goals by developing approaches to teaching that influence, motivate and inspire students to learn.
Read ideas and case studies from around UCL, all based on changing just one thing to enhance your teaching (and your students' learning).
Find out how using objects from UCL Museums and Collections can enhance your lectures and seminars.
This section contains information for lecturers on how PAL mentors can help enrich student learning.
Peer observation allows teachers to benefit from each other's knowledge and experiences, and promote excellence of teaching within departments.
Undergraduate students can be exposed to research in a number of ways, from learning about the work of others to conducting their own studies. Discover the benefits to them and to you.
Assessment shapes student learning and regular feedback is top of the list in students' priorities for a good academic experience. Find out about:
Teaching staff should help students to develop their Personal & Professional Development (PPD) alongside their academic studies in order to enhance their employability when they leave university.
Support for staff and students interested in developing students' writing at UCL.
Page last modified on 10 oct 13 14:44
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com.