Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Training and development
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
"Teaching works best when the activity engages and inspires students."
Dominic Furniss, UCL Interaction Centre
- Institutional Learning and Teaching Strategy 2010-2015
- Departmental Learning and Teaching Strategies: Guidance for drafters
- UCL Manifesto for Teaching and Learning
- UCL Assessment Strategy: Guidance for staff
- Academic manual: Compendium of key documents for staff
- Personal tutors: Online handbook
- Key skills website: Online advice for staff and students
- Academic regulations: Registry website
- Key documents for staff: Alphabetical list of online resources
- Online timetable: Search by subject, department or degree
Institutional Learning and Teaching Strategy
Responsibility for developing and promoting teaching and learning strategy
at UCL lies with Professor Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost (Education). The university's teaching strategy documents can be downloaded
from the 'Quick Links' section on the right.
Each department is expected to produce its own Departmental Learning and Teaching Strategy (DLTS) on a three-yearly basis. The DLTSs for 2012-2015 were submitted in March 2012 and will be available on the portal shortly.
Monitoring academic quality and standards is the responsibility of the new Academic Support department, which co-ordinates UCL's quality management and enhancement (QME) operations. A network of UCL standing committees and sub-committees oversee the teaching and learning agenda.
The five-year Institutional Learning and Teaching Strategy (downloadable using the link in the right-hand column) aims to ensure that, by 2015, UCL will have:
- Moved to an internationalised curriculum in all disciplines
- Created an environment which fosters and rewards excellence in teaching, with a high profile for teaching as an academic activity
- Invested in innovation in teaching to drive UCL’s reputation internationally
Page last modified on 09 jul 12 14:45
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7679 5992 (internal extension 45992).