Judith Hillmore heard Dr Suzanne Ruddy, UCL Molecular Biosciences, tell attendees at the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 how her students take part in a realistic symposium as part of their assessed work. More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 2:34:19 PM
Clare Goudy reports on a study into student attitudes to small-group teaching, presented at the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 1:58:19 PM
Abbie Willett, Beatrice Lok and Dr Paul Walker, CALT, revealed the top five most valued aspects of personal tutoring to attendees at the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 1:33:39 PM
Dr Jamie Harle, Medical Physics and Bioengineering, told the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 about a new framework for student and external supervisor engagement in off-campus work. Mark Copestake reports More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 10:20:35 AM
The Bartlett is providing postgrads with vital graphics skills before they arrive at UCL via the Urban Skills Portal.
Provost's Teaching Awards 2013: winners announced
26 June 2013
The 2013 Provost's Teaching Award winners have been announced, with 14 individuals and teams due to receive prizes at a ceremony on July 10 2013.
The award-winners can be seen below. A more detailed account of their work will be added to the Teaching and Learning Portal in due course.
Winners 2013: Beginning of Academic Career
- Dr Adrien Desjardins, UCL Medical Physics and Bioengineering
- Dr Richard Milne, Centre for Virology
- Dr Benn Thomsen, UCL Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Winners 2013: Experienced Academic Staff
- Professor Chris Barker and Professor Nancy Pistrang, Research Department of Clinical, Educational and Health Psychology – joint award
- Dr Elizabeth Benjamin, Research Department of Pathology, Cancer Institute
- Dr Marcos Martinon-Torres, UCL Institute of Archaeology
- Professor Andrew Fisher, UCL Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Mr Mike Rowson, UCL Institute of Global Health
- Ms Jo Volley, Slade School of Fine Art
- Dr Andrew Wills, UCL Department of Chemistry
Winner 2013: Supporting Student Learning
- Mrs Stephanie Anyadi, UCL Division of Psychology and Language Sciences
Winner 2013: Postgraduate Teaching Assistant
- Mr Adam Townsend, UCL Department of Mathematics
Winners 2013: Team Collaboration and Achievement in Teaching - joint award
- Professor Alexi Marmot, Mr Peter McLennan, Dr Ljiljana Marjanovic Halburd, Professor Michael Pitt and Dr Fuzhan Nasiri, Bartlett School of Graduate Studies
- Professor Nick Tyler, Professor Richard Simons, Dr Paul Greening and Dr Julia Stegemann, UCL Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering
This year also sees the launch of the Student Choice Awards, which will be celebrated at the same ceremony as the Provost's Teaching Awards.
Page last modified on 26 jun 13 15:19
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org