Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
"The need to fully grasp the basic principles becomes more obvious by teaching at the 'cutting edge'."
Professor Alan Aylward, Dept of Physics and Astronomy
- UCL Learning and Teaching Strategy
- UCL Manifesto for Teaching and Learning
- UCL Assessment Strategy Guidance for staff
- Academic manual: Compendium of key documents for staff
- Personal tutors: Online handbook
- Key skills website: Online advice for staff and students
- Academic regulations: Registry website
- Key documents for staff: Alphabetical list of online resources
- Online timetable: Search by subject, department or degree
Teaching and learning contacts at UCL
The Teaching and Learning Portal is a shared resource for all teaching staff at UCL. If you or your department would like to be featured on it or you have any feedback on how we can make the portal better, please email email@example.com or call 020 7679 5992 (internal extension 45992).
If you would like to get in touch with a department or service directly, a list of useful contacts is below.
For information and advice on UCL committees, governance, quality assurance, the Research Excellence Framework, the Academic Manual or senior staff appointments, tel: 020 7679 8878 or visit the Academic Support website.
The UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT) offers professional development opportunities, advice, resources, and scholarly collaboration with and between staff across UCL on teaching and learning enhancement projects.
In addition to this, CALT has seven teaching fellows, six of whom are school-facing, dedicated to providing subject-specific teaching and learning guidance and advice on how to implement UCL’s teaching and learning priorities.
- Videoconferencing: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audio-visual equipment in lecture theatres and seminar rooms: email email@example.com
- Uploading content to iTunes U: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For video production, remote teaching, online and web-based media, email email@example.com
- UCLTV on YouTube EDU: firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of ELE is to lead, support and promote the use of technology to enhance learning, teaching and the student experience. The service provides courses, workshops, masterclasses and briefings, and encourages and supports formal and informal networks.
UCL Library Services has 16 libraries located across London; visit their website for a list of UCL’s libraries, their opening hours and contact details or email email@example.com for general enquiries.
The Library’s Teaching & Learning Support Section (TLSS) supports UCL’s online reading list system which integrates with Moodle.
Visit the A-Z of subject librarians for a named representative for each subject area who will work with academic colleagues to maximise the benefits for students of using the library's resources.
For help and advice on incorporating objects from UCL's Museums and Collections into your teaching, please contact Leonie Hannan, Teaching Fellow in Object-based Learning.
For photography, copying artwork and converting slides to digital images, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For short courses on teaching and learning and advice on all aspects of teaching at UCL, contact the UCL Centre for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CALT) by emailing email@example.com, calling 020 7679 1610 (internal extension 41610) or getting in touch with one of the CALT teaching fellows for your school
- For support, advice and training in learning technologies, including Moodle, Lecturecast and e-assessment, contact E-Learning Environments (ELE) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7679 0820 (internal extension 40820)
- For details of all of UCL’s in-house training programmes, contact email@example.com
- For IT training courses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost (Education), is responsible to the Provost for developing and promoting teaching and learning at UCL. For more information on any aspect of teaching and learning policy, please contact Clare Goudy in the Vice-Provost's Office.
- Monitoring academic quality and standards is the role of the new Academic Support department, which co-ordinates UCL's quality management and enhancement (QME) operations.
- A network of UCL standing committees and sub-committees oversee the teaching and learning agenda.
Contact CALT teaching fellows for advice and information on:
- Professional standards framework
- Key skills
- Assessment and feedback
- Internationalisation of the curriculum
- Learning technologies.
Page last modified on 01 dec 11 12:16
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com