Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Assessment and Feedback
- Internationalisation of the curriculum and global citizenship
- Key skills and PPD
- Large-group teaching
- Object-based learning
- Peer-assisted learning
- Peer observation of teaching
- Personal tutoring
- Problem-based learning
- Research-based learning
- Small-group teaching
- Teaching administration
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
- Vice-Provost (Education)
"Teaching works best when the activity engages and inspires students."
Dominic Furniss, UCL Interaction Centre
- Teaching and learning methods: explore ways of diversifying your teaching practice
- E-learning: learn about the software and online tools available to teachers at UCL
- UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT): obtain expert advice on teaching and learn about professional development opportunities
- E-Learning Environments (ELE): UCL's team of e-learning specialists can help you get set up and advise on how to use the technologies available here
Teaching administration case studies
Below are some examples of people doing great administrative work to support teaching at UCL.
Step-by-step, Michelle Tinsley and Jemma Leahy explain how the MSc Management programme made the switch from paper coursework to Moodle and Turnitin More...
Published: Mar 19, 2014 5:24:28 PM
Professor Andrew Eder and Ruth Glover of the Eastman Dental Institute discuss how they developed a range of ‘podcourses’ to enable dental care professionals to fulfil mandatory CPD requirements in bite-sized chunks. More...
Published: Sep 10, 2013 5:06:29 PM
Stefanie Anyadi, Sam Green and Kevin Tang discuss how PeerWise fared when it was piloted on a Linguistics module. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:19:57 PM
The Department of Chemistry's Dr Andrew Wills explains the automated systems he's set up in order to ease the administrative workload. More...
Published: Aug 6, 2013 4:38:48 PM
The Digital Department project, funded by JISC, the Vice-Provost (Education) and ISD, is collating information on processes and systems used by teaching administrators (TAs), particularly those aspects of the TA role that impact on the student learning experience. More...
Published: Aug 6, 2013 3:32:00 PM
- Please note that the case studies section of the Teaching and Learning Portal is a continually evolving resource. If you or your colleagues are involved in great projects or practices that others might be able to take inspiration from, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to connect with others involved in teaching administration, join the Teaching Administrators' Forum on Moodle
Page last modified on 24 mar 14 10:58
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com