Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Assessment and Feedback
- Internationalisation of the curriculum and global citizenship
- Key skills and PPD
- Large-group teaching
- Object-based learning
- Peer-assisted learning
- Peer observation of teaching
- Personal tutoring
- Problem-based learning
- Research-based learning
- Small-group teaching
- Teaching administration
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Vice-Provost (Education & Student Affairs)
"Teaching is about creating those moments where the world suddenly makes a little bit more sense."
Dr Ben Hanson, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Teaching and learning methods: explore ways of diversifying your teaching practice
- E-learning: learn about the software and online tools available to teachers at UCL
- UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT): obtain expert advice on teaching and learn about professional development opportunities
- E-Learning Environments (ELE): UCL's team of e-learning specialists can help you get set up and advise on how to use the technologies available here
Internationalisation of the curriculum case studies
Below are some examples of internationalisation of the curriculum taking place around UCL.
A practical guide to adding an international perspective to taught courses More...
Published: Aug 14, 2014 4:06:39 PM
Shivani Singh shares what she learned from leading a voluntary summer school course More...
Published: Jul 4, 2014 10:56:14 AM
Dr Rosalind Duhs reports on her trip to Abuja, Nigeria, where she helped design a curriculum for local eye surgeons More...
Published: Mar 24, 2014 4:06:16 PM
Professor Tim McHugh, Director of the UCL Centre for Clinical Microbiology, explains why working with and in resource-poor countries is so important, both for research and teaching. More...
Published: Aug 20, 2013 3:20:34 PM
Find out how nine teaching fellows went about designing a set of six-hour courses aimed at teaching undergraduate students languages from around the Danube. The case study was compiled by Jelena Čalić, Ramona Gonczol, Lily Kahn, Sabine Lins, Christina Parte, Eszter Tarsoly and Olga Willet. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:26:13 PM
Dr Kamna Patel tells us about the week-long scenario-based learning exercise students at the Development Planning Unit (DPU) undertook in Autumn 2012. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:23:17 PM
Andrew Stahl, Head of Undergraduate Painting at the Slade School of Fine Art, explains how he uses international residencies to aide his students' global understanding. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:19:50 PM
Museum Studies students come from around the world and have distinct sociocultural identities. Being able to communicate effectively and in culturally sensitive ways is a key element of effective group work carried out as part of the Museum Communication course (exhibition element). Intercultural understanding and respect become part of students’ professional ethos. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:12:19 PM
In this PowerPoint presentation, Professor Trish Greenhalgh shares experiences and research interviews collected during the running of an online Master's course in the UCL Medical School. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:59:47 PM
Dr Marco Federighi, Faculty Tutor in Engineering, talks about UCL’s collaboration with Science without Borders to enable Brazilian students to study in London. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:58:01 PM
Luca Iemi, a postgraduate student in the Institute of Neurology, explains the appeal of doing half of his Master’s in Paris. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:51:38 PM
- Please note that the case studies section of the Teaching and Learning Portal is a continually evolving resource. If you or your colleagues are involved in great projects or practices that others might be able to take inspiration from, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find out more about internationalisation of the curriculum at UCL
- For discipline-specific advice on internationalising the curriculum, contact one of the CALT school-facing teaching fellows
Page last modified on 11 sep 13 17:04
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com