- Assessment and feedback
- Internationalisation of the curriculum and global citizenship
- Key skills and PPD
- Large-group teaching
- Object-based learning
- Peer-assisted learning
- Peer observation of teaching
- Personal tutoring
- Problem-based learning
- Research-based learning
- Small-group teaching
- Teaching administration
"Teaching what is at the cutting edge makes the need to fully grasp the basic principles become more obvious."
Professor Alan Aylward, Dept of Physics and Astronomy
Personal tutoring case studies
Here are some examples of constructive personal tutoring taking place around UCL:
Abbie Willett, Beatrice Lok and Dr Paul Walker, CALT, revealed the top five most valued aspects of personal tutoring to attendees at the UCL Teaching and Learning Conference 2014 More...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 1:33:39 PM
Craig Daraz, Teaching Programme Manager at the Bartlett School of Graduate Studies, explains how postgraduates’ employability is boosted through a combination of individual and group tutorials. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:44:18 PM
Dr Andrew Wills, Director of Studies for the Department of Chemistry, talks about the personal tutoring system. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:40:33 PM
The Institute of Archaeology’s Professor Sue Hamilton explains how using the key skills grid in her personal tutoring sessions helped a former student get a job at the Home Office. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:09:26 PM
- Please note that the case studies section of the Teaching and Learning Portal is a continually evolving resource. If you or your colleagues are involved in great projects or practices that others might be able to take inspiration from, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
- Find out more about personal tutoring at UCL
- Visit the UCL personal tutoring website
- For advice on personal tutoring, contact one of the CALT school-facing teaching fellows
Page last modified on 24 mar 14 11:29
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org