- Assessment and feedback
- Internationalisation of the curriculum and global citizenship
- Key skills and PPD
- Large-group teaching
- Object-based learning
- Peer-assisted learning
- Peer observation of teaching
- Personal tutoring
- Problem-based learning
- Research-based learning
- Small-group teaching
- Teaching administration
Peer-assisted learning case studies
Below are some examples of peer-assisted learning taking place around UCL.
Provost’s Teaching Award winner Dr Elisabete Cidre invited post-graduate students to create online resources for undergraduates More...
Published: Jul 1, 2014 3:08:13 PM
Dr Adrien Desjardins of the Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering explains why he introduced a video-making element to two of his courses, an idea for which he won a Provost's Teaching Award in 2013. More...
Published: Aug 20, 2013 10:58:54 AM
Dr Richard Day explains the ways in which he prepares his Master’s students for research projects and practical lab work. More...
Published: Aug 14, 2013 4:25:42 PM
The Department of Speech and Language Therapy’s Dr Rachel Rees explains why students are asked to chair their own tutorials during the first and second years of their degree. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 1:12:15 PM
Clinical Teaching Fellow Dr Kaz Iwata talks about the Medical School’s peer-assisted learning scheme. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:36:09 PM
Stefanie Anyadi, Sam Green and Kevin Tang discuss how PeerWise fared when it was piloted on a Linguistics module. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:19:57 PM
Dr Richard Milne, from the Centre for Virology, explains how introducing a peer review system helped improve his students' essay marks by an average of one degree class. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 3:22:23 PM
The UCL Department of Chemical Engineering's Dr Eva Sorensen discusses her experiences of using peer assessment with fourth-year students. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 3:16:18 PM
In Engineering Mathematics, it's important to mark and give feedback on assignments quickly, as each topic builds on the last. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 3:11:22 PM
- Please note that the case studies section of the Teaching and Learning Portal is a continually evolving resource. If you or your colleagues are involved in great projects or practices that others might be able to take inspiration from, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find out more about peer-assisted learning at UCL
- For discipline-specific advice on peer-assisted learning, contact one of the CALT school-facing teaching fellows
Page last modified on 24 mar 14 11:27
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com