- Assessment and feedback
- Internationalisation of the curriculum and global citizenship
- Key skills and PPD
- Large-group teaching
- Object-based learning
- Peer-assisted learning
- Peer observation of teaching
- Personal tutoring
- Problem-based learning
- Research-based learning
- Small-group teaching
- Teaching administration
"Teaching is about creating those moments where the world suddenly makes a little bit more sense."
Dr Ben Hanson, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Object-based learning case studies
Below are some examples of innovative uses and methods of object-based learning taking place around UCL.
Dr Chris Laoutaris, from the Department of English Language and Literature, explains how he used the UCL Art Museum to help his students understand Shakespeare plays. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:32:37 PM
Dr Helen Chatterjee, Senior Lecturer in Biology and Deputy Director of Museums, explains why there are so many puzzled-looking students in the Grant Museum of Zoology. More...
Published: Aug 9, 2013 12:28:55 PM
Museum Studies students come from around the world and have distinct sociocultural identities. Being able to communicate effectively and in culturally sensitive ways is a key element of effective group work carried out as part of the Museum Communication course (exhibition element). Intercultural understanding and respect become part of students’ professional ethos. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:12:19 PM
- Please note that the case studies section of the Teaching and Learning Portal is a continually evolving resource. If you or your colleagues are involved in great projects or practices that others might be able to take inspiration from, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
- Find out more about object-based learning at UCL
- For discipline-specific advice on assessment and feedback, contact one of the CALT school-facing teaching fellows
Page last modified on 24 mar 14 11:26
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org