- Assessment and feedback
- Internationalisation of the curriculum and global citizenship
- Studying in Paris for a Dual Master's
- Hosting Brazilian students through Science without Borders
- Five years' experience of running an online MSc course
- Intercultural understanding in Museum Studies
- The transcultural language of art
- Real-life planning scenario based on Dar es Salaam
- Quick-fire teaching: the languages of the Danube
- Collaborating with health centres in Tanzania and Jamaica
- Saving sight in West Africa through skills development
- UCL Arena goes global
- How to keep students engaged - lessons from the UCL Global Citizenship Programme 2014
- An introduction to internationalising the curriculum
- Key skills and PPD
- Large-group teaching
- Object-based learning
- Peer-assisted learning
- Peer observation of teaching
- Personal tutoring
- Problem-based learning
- Research-based learning
- Small-group teaching
- Teaching administration
"Teaching is about creating those moments where the world suddenly makes a little bit more sense."
Dr Ben Hanson, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Internationalisation of the curriculum case studies
Below are some examples of internationalisation of the curriculum taking place around UCL.
A practical guide to adding an international perspective to taught courses More...
Published: Aug 14, 2014 4:06:39 PM
Shivani Singh shares what she learned from leading a voluntary summer school course More...
Published: Jul 4, 2014 10:56:14 AM
Dr Rosalind Duhs reports on her trip to Abuja, Nigeria, where she helped design a curriculum for local eye surgeons More...
Published: Mar 24, 2014 4:06:16 PM
Professor Tim McHugh, Director of the UCL Centre for Clinical Microbiology, explains why working with and in resource-poor countries is so important, both for research and teaching. More...
Published: Aug 20, 2013 3:20:34 PM
Find out how nine teaching fellows went about designing a set of six-hour courses aimed at teaching undergraduate students languages from around the Danube. The case study was compiled by Jelena Čalić, Ramona Gonczol, Lily Kahn, Sabine Lins, Christina Parte, Eszter Tarsoly and Olga Willet. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:26:13 PM
Dr Kamna Patel tells us about the week-long scenario-based learning exercise students at the Development Planning Unit (DPU) undertook in Autumn 2012. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:23:17 PM
Andrew Stahl, Head of Undergraduate Painting at the Slade School of Fine Art, explains how he uses international residencies to aide his students' global understanding. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:19:50 PM
Museum Studies students come from around the world and have distinct sociocultural identities. Being able to communicate effectively and in culturally sensitive ways is a key element of effective group work carried out as part of the Museum Communication course (exhibition element). Intercultural understanding and respect become part of students’ professional ethos. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 5:12:19 PM
In this PowerPoint presentation, Professor Trish Greenhalgh shares experiences and research interviews collected during the running of an online Master's course in the UCL Medical School. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:59:47 PM
Dr Marco Federighi, Faculty Tutor in Engineering, talks about UCL’s collaboration with Science without Borders to enable Brazilian students to study in London. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:58:01 PM
Luca Iemi, a postgraduate student in the Institute of Neurology, explains the appeal of doing half of his Master’s in Paris. More...
Published: Aug 7, 2013 4:51:38 PM
- Please note that the case studies section of the Teaching and Learning Portal is a continually evolving resource. If you or your colleagues are involved in great projects or practices that others might be able to take inspiration from, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
- Find out more about internationalisation of the curriculum at UCL
- For discipline-specific advice on internationalising the curriculum, contact one of the CALT school-facing teaching fellows
Page last modified on 24 mar 14 11:20
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org