Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Global university
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Useful information
- Site map
- Vice-Provost (Education)
"Teaching is more than just filling students with knowledge: it's about sparking their interest and inspiring them."
Dr Gregor Campbell, Department of Cell & Developmental Biology
Teaching Equipment Fund
The Teaching Equipment Fund is available annually to departments/divisions to support the acquisition of discipline-specific equipment that will be used primarily for teaching purposes.
Applicants must demonstrate how the new equipment will enhance teaching and, most importantly, benefit students. As part of the scheme, departments are required to contribute 50 per cent towards the cost of equipment.
Please note that requests for any of the following are not eligible under the terms of the Teaching Equipment Fund scheme:
- Furniture costs
- Ongoing increases in equipment acquired annually for teaching purposes
- Replacement of stolen equipment
- Computer equipment for general student use
- Equipment that has already been ordered or purchased
- Infrastructure costs such as modification to building fabric or new or upgraded services
Applications are not currently being accepted as the Teaching Innovations Grant system is under review for the 2014/15 academic year.
Previous uses of the Teaching Equipment Fund
If you wish to discuss the Teaching Equipment Fund, contact Chris Cullen in the Vice-Provost (Education)'s office by emailing email@example.com.
Page last modified on 07 may 14 17:36
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org