UCL Arena Two is for you if you are a Lecturer or Teaching Fellow on probation, and need to gain a teaching qualification in order to complete your probationary requirements.
The course aims to prepare you to teach confidently and effectively at UCL, to enable you to develop in your teaching-related role and to help you make a successful application for Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Staff with 3 years full time teaching experience may be entitled to exemption from the course (see information below).
If you have any questions about this pathway, please email email@example.com.
- Course Dates for 2015/16 and registration
- Please sign up for your chosen session below. Please note, you should be available attend all 7 sessions on the dates listed within that group.
- You only need to attend one group of 7x2-hour sessions in total
- You are also invited to attend a Q&A session with Vice Provost (Education & Student Affairs) Professor Anthony Smith on one of the following dates:
Thursday 8th October 2015, 11am-12pm (Autumn Term groups)
Monday 11 January 2016, 11am-12pm (Spring Term groups)
- All sessions will be held in the Arena Room, 1-19 Torrington Place
If you have any questions, please email Peter Phillips through: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cohort A – Mondays, 11am - 1pm
12 October, 19 October, 26 October, 2 November, 16 November, 23 November, 30 November
Cohort B – Wednesdays, 11am - 1pm
14 October, 21 October, 28 October, 4 November, 18 November, 25 November, 2 December
Cohort C – Thursdays, 11am - 1pm
15 October, 22 October, 29 October, 5 November, 19 November, 26 November, 3 December
Cohort D – Mondays, 11 am - 1pm
18 January, 25 January, 1 February, 8 February, 22 February, 29 February, 7 March
Cohort E – Wednesday 11am - 1pm
20 January, 27 January, 3 February, 10 February, 24 February, 2 March, 9 March
Cohort F – Thursday 11am - 1pm
21 January, 28 January, 4 February, 11 February, 25 February, 3 March, 10 March
Exemption from attendance of Arena Two can be claimed only on one of the following grounds:
- You already hold a Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or a Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (or equivalent).
In this case, please download the exemption form and complete Form A and send it, along with a copy of the relevant certificate(s) and an up-to-date CV, to email@example.com.
If in doubt about the equivalence of your qualification, you are welcome to email the above address to make a preliminary enquiry.
- You have been teaching in higher education for more than three years (full time equivalent) and can evidence engagement with a range of professional development activities related to teaching in HE.
In this case, you may be eligible to make a direct application for an HEA Fellowship award via the UCL Arena Open scheme. In order to confirm that your experience is sufficient to undertake a direct application, please download the exemption form and complete Form B and send it, along with an up-to-date CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org.