Staff & Medical Student Team
Left to right: Nadir Chowdhury (previous Target Medicine student and Student Lead, now a qualified doctor and Friend of Target Medicine), Shirley Cupit, Catherine Phillips, Jayne Kavanagh (Academic Leads).
- Jayne Kavanagh is lead of the Medical Ethics and Law Unit at UCL Medical School. She has been running a pre-medicine Summer School at UCL since 2006. Following the 2007 Summer School she encouraged final year medical student, Abdul Salam, to set up a project to support Year 11 & 12 students through the process of applying to medical school - Target Medicine was launched three months later and Jayne continues to be actively involved in the delivery and development of the project.
- Melissa Gardner works as part-time Clinical Teaching Fellow at UCL Medical School and a part-time GP in North London. She has been involved in delivering teaching sessions and mock interviews for Target Medicine since 2007. She continues to be involved with this and other events for Target Medicine.
- Jeannine Attreed is the Target Medicine administrator and is the first point of contact for all Target Medicine schemes; liaising with students and partner schools, processing applications, organising sessions and events and collating data for statistical analysis. Jeannine is also the Postgraduate Scholarship Administrator for the Academic Centre for Medical Education at UCL.
- Catherine Phillips is a senior Clinical Skills Tutor for UCL Medical School and is also the lead for the Summer School project for Target Medicine and shares a keen interest in many Widening Participation projects within UCL.
- Shantal Deepak is a fifth year medical student at UCL and has held the role of Student Lead for both the 2014 and 2015 Mentoring Schemes. Shantal is the main point of contact for all of our student Team Leaders and Mentors, and oversees the preparation and running of all sessions and events.
For more information on the Target Medicine team please email: email@example.com
Page last modified on 18 jun 15 15:41