The Target Medicine Summer School is a free, non-residential, three-day scheme for Year 11 students from London-based, non-selective state schools. There are 48 places available and the event takes place at UCL Medical School campus at the Royal Free campus in Hampstead, North London.
Students are mentored by two medical students and get the opportunity to meet patients, nurses and doctors, engage in simulated emergency clinical situations and visit one of the local hospitals. The summer school helps students find out what life is like as a medical student and as a doctor. It aims to be inspirational and to give students the confidence to pursue medicine as a career. It also puts students in touch with like-minded peers.
The 2017 Summer School takes place from Monday 3rd - Friday 7th July.
To apply you must:
- be a year 11 student who wants to study medicine AND
- be able to attend every day of the Summer School from 9.00am - 4.30pm AND
- attend a non-selective state school with a London postcode (E, EC, N, NW, SW, SE, W, EC), OR
- in the boroughs of Brent, Barnet, Enfield or Waltham Forest, OR
- in the county of Hertfordshire
If the Summer School is over-subscribed priority will be given to applicants who are entitled to free school meals, then to those whose parents/carers do not have higher education qualifications. After that priority will be given to applications from students who attend UCL Target Schools or non-selective state schools in Camden, Islington, Haringey, Hackney and Westminster.
Unfortunately we are not able to accept applications from selective/private school or international students.
If you meet all of the above criteria you can make an application for the Summer School via https://ucl-tmss2017.eventbrite.co.uk.
- The deadline for applications is 9.00am on Monday 10th April 2017
- We will contact you by Wednesday 10th May 2017 with our decision
If you are not eligible for our scheme but would like more information on applying for medical school, you may find the following websites useful:
Page last modified on 14 feb 17 15:49