Scientific Computing Support
The SCS team offers integrated, customized computing support to the Centre's research groups which includes assistance with data acquisition, storage and processing on its HPC platforms. In addition to this we offer more typical IT support to the Centre's administrative staff and provide essential IT support systems.
Quick access to our How to guides
High Performance Computing / Network Infrastructure
- HPC systems – compute clusters, GPGPUs, load sharing & distribution system
- HPC desktop – Linux platform integrated into cluster
- Virtual Server platforms
- Network Infrastructure – including firewalls and 10G Ethernet
Laboratory & Research Support
- LIMS / Instrument support / Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)
- Data storage, Backups & Archiving
- Applications programming support – optimization, parallelization, revision control
Helpdesk plus Visitor / Presentation Services
- WiFi guest/conference accounts using UCL's Eduroam service
- Seminar presentation systems (IT support for AV etc)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) assistance
Teaching, Training & Communications
- Regular training and update sessions across all services
- Internal/External communication platforms – mailing lists, WWW etc.
- Providing support for the administrative, facilities and other professional services staff.
Please communicate through the helpdesk rather than via individual staff members as this helps us keep track of your issue and also to provide cover during staff absences.
Helpdesk Hours - 09:30 to 17:30
Helpdesk portal: (Please use your SWC credentials).
Tel: +44 20 31088181 (internal 58181)