- Small Grants Results
- UCL: A Green Academy
- GC Showcase Blog
- Future Proofing Cities Report
- Transport & the Olympic Legacy
- The Long Legacy: London 2062
Future Proofing Cities
A major new report published by Atkins in a unique partnership with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and UCL Development Planning Unit (DPU) argues that Future Proofing Cities is about utilising and developing the capacities of cities to respond to the risks associated with climate change, resource scarcities and damage to ecosystems in away that catalyses inclusive urban development.
Adriana Allen, Vanesa Castan Broto, Caren Levy and Linda Westman from the DPU, were responsible for providing strategic guidance throughout the development of the project’s analytical framework and for the production of five in-depth case studies that provide a nuanced exploration of the combined challenges and opportunities for future proofing urban development in Bangkok, Maputo, Bangalore, Karachi and Nairobi.
- Download the report from futureproofingcities.com
- Listen to the press conference podcast
- Read a blog post about the discussion at the press conference
- Coverage in African Business Review
- Coverage on Phys.org
- Reuters article
Page last modified on 14 dec 12 16:25