Click below to share this page
Tweets by @UCL_GCSC
UCL Grand Challenge of Sustainable Cities (GCSC): About Our Work
The UCL Research Strategy defines Grand Challenges: those areas in which we are facilitating cross-disciplinary interaction – within and beyond UCL – and applying our collective strengths, insights and creativity to overcome problems of global significance.
The UCL Grand Challenge of Sustainable Cities (GCSC) seeks to rally the breadth of our expertise – in partnership with external agencies – to address aspects of the major problems facing cities in the 21st century.
Find out more below, or explore Getting Involved.
UCL Grand Challenges – which also include Global Health, Intercultural Interaction and Human Wellbeing – is the mechanism through which concentrations of specialist expertise across UCL and beyond can be brought together to address aspects of the world's key problems. They also provide an environment in which researchers are encouraged to think about how their work can intersect with and impact upon global issues.
UCL Grand Challenges is a central feature of the UCL Research Strategy, which aims to:
- cultivate leadership founded in excellence
- foster cross-disciplinarity grounded in expertise
- realise the impact of a global university.
- Transport / Sustainable Mobility
- Domestic Energy
- Olympic legacy
- The Healthy City
- The Cultural City
- Ecosystem Services
- Sustainable Resources
This page gives details about the members of the GCSC Executive Group. The list below gives links to further information about each of the members.
You can also view a Twitter list that pulls together the most recent tweets from all of the members who tweet.
- Adriana Allen - Development Planning Unit
- Ben Campkin (Chair) - Bartlett School of Architecture
- Sarah Chaytor - Office of the Vice-Provost (Research)
- Julio Davila - Development Planning Unit
- Muki Haklay - Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering
- Jane Holder - Faculty of Laws
- Richard Jackson - UCL Estates, Sustainability
- Peter Jones - Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering
- Sinéad Kennedy - BEAMS Research Facilitation
- Anna Mavrogianni - Bartlett School Env, Energy & Resources
- Caterina Mora - BEAMS Research Facilitation
- James Paskins - Office of the Vice-Provost (Research)
- Alan Penn - Bartlett Faculty of the Built Environment
- Mike Raco - Bartlett School of Planning
- Jennifer Robinson - Geography
- Yvonne Rogers - Computer Science
- Yvonne Rydin - Bartlett School of Planning
- Ian Scott - Office of the Vice-Provost (Research)
- Olivia Stevenson - UCL Public Policy
- Nicholas Tyndale - Office of the Vice-Provost (Research)
Tweets from the ExecutiveTweets from @UCL_GCSC/gcsc-executive-group
Video: Sustainable Cities – UCL visions
Video by Nic Clear and Michael Aling (UCL Bartlett)
Cover image by Dr Charlotte Lemanski (UCL Geography)
Page last modified on 14 feb 12 13:27