- Academic Surgical Meeting - June 2014
- Academic Surgical Meeting - July 2014
- Division of Surgery's Summer BBQ
- Clinical Researcher Workshop
- Division of Surgery Away Day 2014
- Implementing change into the Australian Healthcare System: Patient Blood Management - Dr Simon Towler, Chief Medical Officer, Western Australia
- Academic Surgical Meeting - October 2014
- SLMS Education Domain Showcase
- UCL Open Access Conference
- Yale Senior Scientist Lecture Series
- Dean's Research Prize
- Divisional of Surgery Journal Club
- UCL China Network Meeting
- Academic Surgical Meeting 13th November 9am, Chadwick G07
- Special Grand Round, 19th November 1230-1400
- Division of Surgery Journal Club
- Bio-materials and Tissue Engineering Open Day
Academic Surgical Meeting - June 2014
Publication date: Jun 16, 2014 11:02 AM
Jun 19, 2014 09:00 AM
End: Jun 19, 2014 10:30 AM
Location: Medawar G02 Watson Lecture Theatre, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
Our guest speaker will be Professor Jenny Donovan, Professor of Social Medicine at the University of Bristol. Her presentation is titled ‘Design and Recruitment in Surgical Trials’. I am really delighted to introduce her work to the Division. She has been instrumental in guaranteeing the success of of one of the largest clinical trials being conducted in the UK. Moreover, this in an area where the majority of other trials have closed due to poor recruitment. Few people in the UK or globally are better placed to guide us on the latest developments in clinical trial design.
Our internal speaker will be Caroline Moore, Senior Clinical Researcher and Honorary Consultant Urologist at UCLH. Caroline will be presenting her research on ‘Active Surveillance in Prostate Cancer’ . Caroline's presentation will fit in well with the theme as she is currently thinking through a number of trial designs suitable for certain interventions for prostate cancer. Caroline will Chair the session as I sadly will be in the USA. I am very sorry to be missing this event.
Finally, Constantinos Simillis will be providing the PhD update on ‘Evidence-based approach to optimal surgical method and trial design in patients undergoing liver resection for colorectal liver metastases’ (Primary supervisor: Professor Brian Davidson). Again a piece of work optimising trial design in a notoriously difficult area.
We look forward to seeing you there. Please do feel free to extend this invitation to colleagues.