UCL Students Abroad
Why Study Abroad?
Studying abroad offers exposure to a different cultural
and academic environment, and can be both challenging and
rewarding. Spending a prolonged period studying in another country will
allow you to:
- Add value to your degree - at a university abroad you will be able to take classes not offered by UCL, extending and diversifying your learning experience
- Enhance your employability - the world is now a global stage, so what better way to get noticed? Having demonstrable experience of living and learning in another culture is often prized by employers, especially international companies.
- Hone existing skills and develop new ones - a new educational setting will require you to build upon your learning processes, and a new routine will push you to adapt and develop new skills to cope with the change.
- Improve your language skill - what better way to learn a language but to live it? Even if you aren't taught in your host language, your day-to-day interactions will help you swiftly build up knowledge and vocabulary.
- Experience new cultures - outside of lectures, the world is your oyster! The opportunity to travel and explore will give you a wealth of experience that you can bring home.
If all of those great reasons aren't enough, have a read through some returned student experiences for some more great reasons to study abroad.
What else should I consider?
Whilst we would encourage all those who are interested to consider the opportunity, we also know that there is much more to studying abroad than meets the eye. Please use the links below to research the finer points of the study abroad experience.
Page last modified on 22 apr 15 13:28