UCL Students Abroad
- Why Study Abroad?
- Where can I go?
- Making a decision
- Academic matters
- How do I apply?
- Preparing to go abroad
- Your arrival
- While you are abroad
- Documents & Forms
- Returning to UCL
How to Decide Guide 2015
If you're having trouble making a decision about whether study abroad is right for you, you might want to download our handy 'How to Decide' Guide 2015.
The guide is designed for all undergraduate students who intend to spend, or are considering spending, some time abroad as part of their degree programme. The information is intended as a brief guide to get you thinking about your time away, and to direct you to further resources on this site.
Before you go: checklist
- Apply to your host organisation or employer
- Complete the UCL Preparation Programme
- Complete your paperwork for UCL
- Check your passport is valid for your period abroad and at least 6 months after
- Apply for your visa (if relevant)
- Research other documentation you might need
- Apply for student finance/arrange your tuition fee payments
- Budget for your living expenses
- Read the UCL Travel Insurance FAQs
- Apply for EHIC or research health insurance
- Speak to your GP about prescriptions for existing medical conditions or contraceptives
- Research accommodation or apply for university housing
- Plan your packing and make lists
- Network with other students and arrange ways of staying in touch
Page last modified on 04 sep 13 13:30