UCL Students Abroad
- Why Study Abroad?
- Where can I go?
- Making a decision
- Academic matters
- How do I apply?
- Preparing to go abroad
- Your arrival
- While you are abroad
- Documents & Forms
- Returning to UCL
Online Peer Advisers Scheme
Got a burning question about life abroad just can't seem to find the answer on the website? Our Online Peer Advisers are here to help! Just send us an email with details of the university you're hoping to go to and we'll put you in touch with a UCL student who is there right now.
Before you go: checklist
- Apply to your host organisation or employer
- Complete the UCL Preparation Programme
- Complete your paperwork for UCL
- Check your passport is valid for your period abroad and at least 6 months after
- Apply for your visa (if relevant)
- Research other documentation you might need
- Apply for student finance/arrange your tuition fee payments
- Budget for your living expenses
- Read the UCL Travel Insurance FAQs
- Apply for EHIC or research health insurance
- Speak to your GP about prescriptions for existing medical conditions or contraceptives
- Research accommodation or apply for university housing
- Plan your packing and make lists
- Network with other students and arrange ways of staying in touch
Page last modified on 04 sep 13 13:30