The application process for your 2019/20 study abroad placement is determined by your department. Please read the information below carefully to familiarise yourself with the relevant application process for you.
If you weren't able to join us at one of our recent Info Sessions, you can catch up on the Powerpoint Presentation here.
Application made to your department
If you are a student from SSEES, SELCS, Economics, History (with the exception of a small number of 'UCL-wide' options; please liaise with your department for more information), ESPS, Slade, Bartlett Planning, Greek and Latin and Pharmacy, you will apply for your placement through your department. Please ensure that you liaise with your Study Abroad Tutor for confirmation of the application process and associated deadlines.
Application made through Portico
If you are a student from any department not listed above, you apply centrally through Portico for your placement and you should follow these steps:
- Step 1: Meet with your Study Abroad Tutor to discuss your options and gain provisional approval to apply with these choices
- Step 2: Locate the 'Study Abroad' tab on your Portico homepage and begin the application by submitting your three institution choices. This is the 'Part 1- Approval' stage
- Step 3: Once your Study Abroad Tutor has approved these choices on Portico, you will complete the online application. This is the 'Part 2- Application' stage
To help you complete the Portico application, please use the Portico Application Guidance Notes.
If you are applying through your department, you should follow application deadlines as confirmed by your Study Abroad Tutor.
If you are applying through Portico, the following deadlines are in place:
- The Portico Application portal will open on Monday 22 October 2018
- Your 3 choices must have been submitted by you on Portico and have been approved by your Study Abroad Tutor by 12 November 2018 at 4pm (UK time)
- You must have completed and submitted your application by 19 November 2018 at 4pm (UK time)
Please be advised that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.