- STS student makes Dean's List
- Prize-winning students
- UCAS rewards for STS
- STS success hits YouTube
- Charles Laine: tragedy
- 2012 Graduation - Congratulations
- New Podcast Series: Thinking About Science
- STS seminar: Thomas Kuhn on Ancient Science
- Engaging Teachers in Gender-Aware Practice
- New Book! Managing Privacy Through Accountability
- New Careers Podcast
- University Challenge
- On the winning team!
- Going, Going, Ghent
- Higg's Boson Podcast!
- STS Staff and Students at Landmark Conference
- Philosophy of Medicine: New Article
- STS reunion plans - announced
- Ambrosio: Art and Science mix
- video: Miller talks about Chemical Cosmos
- Thinking About Science: Episode 4
- Praise for STS teaching
- Thinking About Science Episode 5
- New Careers Podcast!
- MSc student 'makes' news
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar Series 2012-13
- STS success at iBSc fair
- STS Lecturer at The House of Lords
- Grant success: Balmer on the History of Biological Weapons
- Histories of Scientific Experience
- Another Win for STS Student!
- Will The Geek Inherit the Earth?
- OCEANIC ENTERPRISE
- The Genius of Invention
- Thinking About Science: Episode 6
- Blog Winners Announced
- Finalists! Speak Up!
- BPPA Masterclass Success!
- MAPS students praise STS teaching
- STS research fellow in MRC Suffrage Science event
- Semi Final Ahoy!
- DEUS IN MACHINA
- Responsible Innovation in Europe
- STS Students Take Action
- Semi Final Challenge
- Science and Security Grant
- The Spanish Collaboration
- MATERIAL HISTORIES OF SCIENCE
- Vacancy: Senior Lecturer in Science Communication
- STS Students on the BBC
- Mechanisms & Causality Workshop
- Vacancy: Research Associate Cold War History
- National praise for Agar
- Conference Success
- Grant Success & Internship Opportunity
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
STS research fellow in MRC Suffrage Science event
5 March 2013
STS Research Fellow, Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock (MBE) has been mentioned by UCL Provost in his 04 March 2013 newsletter:
Clare Elwell, Professor of Medical Physics in UCL Medical Physics & Bioengineering, and Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock, Honorary Research Associate at UCL Physics & Astronomy [and a research fellow in STS department of science and technology studies], on their selection as two of the 12 female scientists taking part in this year's MRC Suffrage Science event on 8 March, International Women's Day. The researchers, whose selection is based on their excellent work in physical sciences or engineering with medical applications, will receive a bespoke heirloom piece of jewellery from descendants of Emmeline Pankhurst in a tea-room ceremony designed to recall those of the women's suffrage movement. At a subsequent ceremony in 2015, they will pass on the pieces to another group of excellent female scientists and engineers, in a programme conceived by UCL Council member Vivienne Parry to promote the retention of women in scientific careers and particularly leadership roles. Vivienne Parry will also host a debate on whether Nobel prize-winning physicist Marie Curie would have made it as a woman in science today.
Page last modified on 05 mar 13 07:09 by Joe Cain
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps