- STS student makes Dean's List
- Prize-winning students
- UCAS rewards for STS
- STS success hits YouTube
- Charles Laine: tragedy
- 2012 Graduation - Congratulations
- New Podcast Series: Thinking About Science
- STS seminar: Thomas Kuhn on Ancient Science
- Engaging Teachers in Gender-Aware Practice
- New Book! Managing Privacy Through Accountability
- New Careers Podcast
- University Challenge
- On the winning team!
- Going, Going, Ghent
- Higg's Boson Podcast!
- STS Staff and Students at Landmark Conference
- Philosophy of Medicine: New Article
- STS reunion plans - announced
- Ambrosio: Art and Science mix
- video: Miller talks about Chemical Cosmos
- Thinking About Science: Episode 4
- Praise for STS teaching
- Thinking About Science Episode 5
- New Careers Podcast!
- MSc student 'makes' news
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar Series 2012-13
- STS success at iBSc fair
- STS Lecturer at The House of Lords
- Grant success: Balmer on the History of Biological Weapons
- Histories of Scientific Experience
- Another Win for STS Student!
- Will The Geek Inherit the Earth?
- OCEANIC ENTERPRISE
- The Genius of Invention
- Thinking About Science: Episode 6
- Blog Winners Announced
- Finalists! Speak Up!
- BPPA Masterclass Success!
- MAPS students praise STS teaching
- STS research fellow in MRC Suffrage Science event
- Semi Final Ahoy!
- DEUS IN MACHINA
- Responsible Innovation in Europe
- STS Students Take Action
- Semi Final Challenge
- Science and Security Grant
- The Spanish Collaboration
- MATERIAL HISTORIES OF SCIENCE
- Vacancy: Senior Lecturer in Science Communication
- STS Students on the BBC
- Mechanisms & Causality Workshop
- Vacancy: Research Associate Cold War History
- National praise for Agar
- Conference Success
- Grant Success & Internship Opportunity
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
New Careers Podcast!
13 December 2012
As advertising for a certain world famous drinks company says "Holidays are Coming"...and students know that means questions from your family about your student life. And the dreaded question "What are you going to do with a degree in that?"
Fortunately STS and UCL have plenty of information to help you with planning what you're going to do after graduation. So get prepared for the parental/grandparental inquisition by taking a look at our careers website.
If your ambitions are turning twoards an academic career we have the perfect pre-Christmas listening for you. So grab a mince pie, sit back, and listen to History & Philosophy of Science Careers Officer Dr Emma Tobin chatting with Dr Sabina Leonelli (BSc History Philosphy & Social Studies of Science) about her path to becoming a Senior Lecturer at the University of Exeter. (Yes, we know...Wow!)
Alumni! Celebrate 20 years of STS in 2013
We've been running our unique degree programmes since 1993 - and in October 2013 we'll be celebrating. Visit the reunion website for more information and to sign up to our alumni mailing list.
If you're interested in telling current students about your real, patchy unorthodox (or completely straightforward) career path after graduation in a podcast like this one - simply send an e-mailing sts-aa [at] ucl.ac.uk.
Page last modified on 13 dec 12 11:40 by Jo E Pearson
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
email@example.com | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps