- STS student makes Dean's List
- Prize-winning students
- UCAS rewards for STS
- STS success hits YouTube
- Charles Laine: tragedy
- 2012 Graduation - Congratulations
- New Podcast Series: Thinking About Science
- STS seminar: Thomas Kuhn on Ancient Science
- Engaging Teachers in Gender-Aware Practice
- New Book! Managing Privacy Through Accountability
- New Careers Podcast
- University Challenge
- On the winning team!
- Going, Going, Ghent
- Higg's Boson Podcast!
- STS Staff and Students at Landmark Conference
- Philosophy of Medicine: New Article
- STS reunion plans - announced
- Ambrosio: Art and Science mix
- video: Miller talks about Chemical Cosmos
- Thinking About Science: Episode 4
- Praise for STS teaching
- Thinking About Science Episode 5
- New Careers Podcast!
- MSc student 'makes' news
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar Series 2012-13
- STS success at iBSc fair
- STS Lecturer at The House of Lords
- Grant success: Balmer on the History of Biological Weapons
- Histories of Scientific Experience
- Another Win for STS Student!
- Will The Geek Inherit the Earth?
- OCEANIC ENTERPRISE
- The Genius of Invention
- Thinking About Science: Episode 6
- Blog Winners Announced
- Finalists! Speak Up!
- BPPA Masterclass Success!
- MAPS students praise STS teaching
- STS research fellow in MRC Suffrage Science event
- Semi Final Ahoy!
- DEUS IN MACHINA
- Responsible Innovation in Europe
- STS Students Take Action
- Semi Final Challenge
- Science and Security Grant
- The Spanish Collaboration
- MATERIAL HISTORIES OF SCIENCE
- Vacancy: Senior Lecturer in Science Communication
- STS Students on the BBC
- Mechanisms & Causality Workshop
- Vacancy: Research Associate Cold War History
- National praise for Agar
- Conference Success
- Grant Success & Internship Opportunity
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
Going, Going, Ghent
19 October 2012
STS people includes honorary research fellows and honorary research associates. These are a diverse group, with many notable names. (more)
Congratulations this week goes to a long-time associate and friend to STS, Professor Robert Bud, Principal Curator of Medicine at the Science Museum.
We have this news about him, and extend our warm congratulations:
The University of Ghent (Belgium) and the Sarton Committee (president : Prof. Robert Rubens) announce that on November 22, 2012 the 27th Sarton Chair for the History of Sciences, will be accorded to Prof. Robert BUD, Keeper of Science and Medicine of the Science Museum in London.
George Sarton (1884-1956), one of the founding fathers of the history of science as an academic discipline, was an alumnus of Ghent University. In 1912, one year after his graduation in physics and mathematics, he wrote to a friend: "J'ai décidé de vouer ma vie à l'étude désintéressée de l'histoire des sciences". He established two leading journals in the field (Isis in 1912 and Osiris in 1934) and the History of Science Society.
In 1984, at the centenary of Sarton's birthday, Ghent University decided to establish a Sarton Chair of History of Science. Each year the Sarton committee, consisting of representatives of the faculties of Ghent University, selects the Sarton chair holder and the Sarton medallists.
Page last modified on 19 oct 12 08:59 by Joe Cain
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
email@example.com | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps