calendar: what's on?
- STS 20 Reunion
- STS Seminar: Collecting Minerals in the early Nineteenth Century: The Royal Institution and Humphry Davy
- STS Seminar: Framing problems of anatomical representations in 18thC Florence and 19thC Britain
- STS Seminar: Are Chemical Substances Natural Kinds?
- STS Seminar: Sketches of Another Future: Cybernetics in Britain, 1940-2000
- STS Seminar: Early Years of the Biological Weapons Convention
- STS Seminar: Sarah Edwards
- STS Seminar: Julie Anderson
- STS Seminar: Donald MacKenzie
- STS Seminar: Jordan Goodman
- STS Seminar: Brendan Lavor
- PUS Seminar: Scidev.net and science journalism in South America
- PUS Seminar: 19thC public astronomy
- New book: Presocratics and the Supernatural
- Annual Grant Lecture
- Talk: Paul Robeson
- Life and Death Drawing: Expression
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
STS Seminar: Julie Anderson
Publication date: Oct 2, 2013 4:18:23 PM
Feb 5, 2014 4:00:00 PM
End: Feb 5, 2014 6:00:00 PM
Location: South Wing, Garwood LT
Speaker: Dr Julie Anderson, University of Kent
Title: Canes, Canines and Communication: Technological Aids for Blind People 1920-1950
Page last modified on 02 oct 13 16:17 by Jo E Pearson
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps