calendar of events
- Science in History Seminar
- London PUS Seminar: Craig Cormick
- Lunchtime Lecture: Art for science's sake
- Fireworks in Ealing
- STS Seminar: Helen Curry
- London PUS Seminar: Steve Fuller
- Film Night: Jekyll and Hyde (1931)
- STS Seminar: Jack Stilgoe
- Should We Clone Neanderthals?
- 'Theatres of Science' workshop
- STS Seminar: Big Data; Big Deal
- Seminar: Sociology of Secrecy
- Will the Geek Inherit the Earth?
- Q&A PANEL: Taking Infection Seriously
- Darwin in London: Lecture
- Influence of Islam on Science: Lecture
- Panel: What Counts as Good Evidence for Policy?
- Film Night: Fantastic Voyage (1966)
- POSTPONED: Science in History Seminar: Simon Mitton
- Symposium: New History of Scienitfic Experience
- STS Seminar: David A Kirby
- STS Seminar: Andrew Balmer
- STS Seminar: Noortje Marres
- conference: Cultures of Ancient Science
- STS At AstroFest
- STS Seminar: Francesca Rochburg
- Past Imperfect Seminar
- PUS Seminar: Jean-Baptiste Gouyon
- Speak Out! Mental Health Documentary
- talk: Crystal Palace Dinosaurs
- STS Research Day
- Simon Werrett on early modern materials
- Crossing The Divides (Workshop)
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
Speak Out! Mental Health Documentary
Publication date: Mar 11, 2013 4:40:53 PM
Start: Mar 18, 2013 5:00:00 PM
Location: Roberts 106
Join STS's Global Citizenship in Action (HPSC2017B) students for this free event.
Have you ever felt depressed or over-stressed? Did you feel uneasy talking about it? Did you ask yourself why this was happening and what you could do to solve it?
Join us for a student made film and presentation with a panel of experts. We aim to alleviate the stigma of mental health issues in a local and global context, particularly aimed at University students. There will be complimentary drinks & food.
The Association for University and College Counseling (AUCC) says that between 3-10% of the student population will have contact with its counselling service in a single year. Our documentary and subsequent discussion will explore the reasons for this and look at how students can be better equipped to deal with issues such as depression, severe stress and anxiety, and other mental health concerns. As the exam season quickly approaches there is surely no better time than now to discuss these topics!
Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/103106963211617/
Link to Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Speak-Out-UCL/435906509820611
Page last modified on 11 mar 13 16:38 by Jo E Pearson
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
email@example.com | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps