calendar of events
- Science in History Seminar
- London PUS Seminar: Craig Cormick
- Lunchtime Lecture: Art for science's sake
- Fireworks in Ealing
- STS Seminar: Helen Curry
- London PUS Seminar: Steve Fuller
- Film Night: Jekyll and Hyde (1931)
- STS Seminar: Jack Stilgoe
- Should We Clone Neanderthals?
- 'Theatres of Science' workshop
- STS Seminar: Big Data; Big Deal
- Seminar: Sociology of Secrecy
- Will the Geek Inherit the Earth?
- Q&A PANEL: Taking Infection Seriously
- Darwin in London: Lecture
- Influence of Islam on Science: Lecture
- Panel: What Counts as Good Evidence for Policy?
- Film Night: Fantastic Voyage (1966)
- POSTPONED: Science in History Seminar: Simon Mitton
- Symposium: New History of Scienitfic Experience
- STS Seminar: David A Kirby
- STS Seminar: Andrew Balmer
- STS Seminar: Noortje Marres
- conference: Cultures of Ancient Science
- STS At AstroFest
- STS Seminar: Francesca Rochburg
- Past Imperfect Seminar
- PUS Seminar: Jean-Baptiste Gouyon
- Speak Out! Mental Health Documentary
- talk: Crystal Palace Dinosaurs
- STS Research Day
- Simon Werrett on early modern materials
- Crossing The Divides (Workshop)
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning for teaching and research, plus for our public engagement programme. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
At UCL, the academic mission is paramount. Our ambition is to achieve the highest standards in our teaching and research.
Join us for BSc, MSc, and PhD study.
Staff books include:
Seminar: Sociology of Secrecy
Publication date: Nov 7, 2012 2:58:22 PM
Nov 14, 2012 3:00:00 PM
End: Nov 14, 2012 4:30:00 PM
Location: Anatomy G04 Gavin de Beer LT
As part of the UCL Sociology Network Seminar Series STS's Dr Brain Balmer will be discussing the sociology of secrecy. Shhhhh!
Title: What's happened to the sociology of secrecy?
Page last modified on 07 nov 12 14:46 by Jo E Pearson
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps