- HPSC2022 Philosophy of Social Science
- HPSC1003 Philosophy of Science 1 2014/2015
- Emma Tobin Further Details
- HPSC3020 Philosophy of the Natural Sciences
The Department of Science and Technology Studies, UCL is an interdisciplinary centre for the integrated study of science's history, philosophy, sociology, communication and policy, located in the heart of London. Founded in 1921. Award winning teaching and research. Rated as outstanding by students at every level.
I am currently supervising a number of PhD students at STS, UCl.
- Stephanie Ratcliffe as Primary Supervisor (Oct 2011 - Present) Metaphysics of Science, Causation, Dispositions, Natural Kinds and Causal Processes in Chemistry
- Yafeng Shen as Primary Supervisor (Oct 2012 - Present) Scientific Systems, Scientific Paradigms and Incommensurability, Thomas Kuhn.
- Hugh McKenzie as Secondary Supervisor (Oct 2011- Present) Part-Time Plato's Atomism
If you are interested in exploring potential PhD opportunities within STS at UCL please contact the Graduate Tutor in the first instance, although you are of course welcome to contact me directly to discuss potential areas of interest.
Page last modified on 22 nov 12 21:29 by Emma Tobin
UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
0207 679 1328 office | +44 207 679 1328 international
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.ucl.ac.uk/sts | @stsucl
postal address: Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT | United Kingdom
street address: 22 Gordon Square, London, WC1E 6BT | maps