Lock, Simon J
Dr Simon J Lock is a Lecturer in the Department of Science and Technology Studies at University College London. His research focuses on the governance of science, sociology of new technology and science in public. His focus is interdisciplinary examining the public dimensions of new science and technology from sociological, historical and policy-related perspectives.
> simon.lock (at) ucl.ac.uk
> 020 7679 3763
> 22 Gordon Square, room 1.2
Simon teaches a variety of modules across the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the STS department. He has currently undertaking the Certificate in Postgraduate Teaching and Learning at the Institute of Education.
Teaching in 2013-134
Simon is teaching on the following modules in the academic year 2013-14. For more information go to the relevant moodle page, or the Departmental website for previous UG syllabi.
- HPSC1010: Revealing Science
- HPSC2016: Globalization in Theory and Practice
- HPSC3032: Investigating Contemporary Science
- HPSCGA46: Science, Technology and Identity
Simon has over 10 years of teaching experience at UCL and Birkbeck College (as a sessional lecturer) teaching on a wide variety of other courses:
- HPSC1008: Introduction to Science Communication
- HPSC2002: Science in the Mass Media
- HPSC2008: Human Science in Society
- HPSC2011: Science, Communication and the Citizen
- HPSC2014: Science Policy Issues in Global Perspective
- HPSC2015: Technology and Global Citizenship
- HPSC2017: Global Citizenship in Action
- HPSC3013: New Genetics and Society
- SSC0187: Philosophy, Medicine and Science (UCL Medical School option)
- MAPS1001: Science, Society and Communication for Natural Scientists
Page last modified on 23 sep 13 12:17 by Simon J Lock